Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:03 PM

21 posts, read 157,834 times

Advertisements

Hi: I am thinking to change my kitchen countertop and sink from laminate to granite countertop. My kitchen cabinets are in excellent condition (only about 2 years old), so I don't want to change them.

I am not sure if anyone had kitchen remodelling by just replacing the countertop and sink. If so, which vendor do you recommend? SHould I just go to Home Depot? roughly how long does it take? Any advice is really appreciated. If you know any good local dealers, please also share the information. Thanks!!

BTW, I live in Central Jersey, close to Bridgewater area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 03:26 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJResident View Post
Hi: I am thinking to change my kitchen countertop and sink from laminate to granite countertop. My kitchen cabinets are in excellent condition (only about 2 years old), so I don't want to change them.

I am not sure if anyone had kitchen remodelling by just replacing the countertop and sink. If so, which vendor do you recommend? SHould I just go to Home Depot? roughly how long does it take? Any advice is really appreciated. If you know any good local dealers, please also share the information. Thanks!!

BTW, I live in Central Jersey, close to Bridgewater area.
I would recommend Marvic.

Countertops of NJ - Marvic Corp. Fabrication & Installation Innovation

Old 10-28-2009, 05:14 PM

Thanks MPBsr for the response. Have you worked with them on any project? Price is one thing, but I am more concerned whether the vendor is easy to work with or not. Thanks for your info.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:25 PM

6 posts, read 23,133 times
Hello , i believe i can help you with that , call me at 201-760-2170 from 7:30 to 4 pm , i work for one of the biggest kitchen dealers in NJ and i will be happy to help you , one think i can tell you , you have no obligations on buying from me . We have been in business for over 30 years and i will be very happy to help you .
Also , if you are looking for "the best deal" i think you should go to Home Depot but if you are looking for quality over price , GO TO ANYONE but Home Depot !!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
what do you get at a quality place that you dont get at home depot?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJResident View Post
Thanks MPBsr for the response. Have you worked with them on any project? Price is one thing, but I am more concerned whether the vendor is easy to work with or not. Thanks for your info.
Marvic did my corian countertop about 4 years ago. Great price and service.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:13 PM

6 posts, read 23,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what do you get at a quality place that you dont get at home depot?
CaptainNJ , with all do respect , you can get a lot of things , 1st of all , customer service , then you have a lot more things , did you know that Home Depot don't fabricate the counter tops ?? They hire fabricators that are desperate for jobs to do their counter tops , sometimes that does not mean a great counter top , but , dont give me wrong , i have seen counter tops from home depot that were just perfect ....... I trully believe that private companies can help their customers better than Home Depost !!!! That's All !!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 03:21 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
feel free to lay into home depot. im not here to defend them. i just wanted to know what would make someone else better than them.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:21 PM

835 posts, read 1,179,805 times
Is there any major cost savings from not using home depot? So far all I hear is a scare tactic where if true home depot would be out of business already as they are a national store

Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 AM

Thanks everyone who posted discussions under this thread. Does anyone have other recommendations regarding contractors in Central Jersey area? I prefer hassle free services with fair price. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey