Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 06:00 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,435,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobomber25 View Post
A little bird told me that the owners of Pals Cabin just bought Fairchilds Market in Roseland, and are opening up a cafe/lighter fare restaurant (I remember Fairchilds before the purchase had stocked all Pal's signature products anyway). The renovations are supposed to be done in August, and should open around Labor Day.

(It's West Essex gossip, so take it for what it is.)

Apparently the gossip was pretty spot on. I found this from the Horn family (the owner's of Pal's) on another site:

Dear Friends,

We are pleased to announce we have expanded our partnership with Fairchilds Market, located at 171 Eagle Rock Avenue in Roseland, beginning Monday, July 8th. A new menu featuring Pals Famous & Original foods will be available everyday at Fairchilds. Favorites such as our Cream of Mushroom Soup, French Onion Soup, Fresh Ground Burgers, Foot-long Frankfurter, Redwood Sandwich, Turkey Gobbler Wrap, Hot Turkey and Roast Beef Sandwiches will be offered along with Fairchilds menu of gourmet salads, creative sandwiches, finely prepared foods, hard-to-find wines and unique gifts.
Currently, Fairchilds Market is open for breakfast and lunch daily. With the upcoming addition of Pals expanded menu, dinner service will soon be offered on a limited basis with plans to expand further in the future. Please check our Facebook page and website for updates.

We are looking forward to seeing you all and to bringing Pals Famous & Original foods back to the local marketplace!

Sincerely yours,
The Horn Family

Fairchilds market only has a few tables, and it already get crowded at lunch, so hopefully the renovations/expansion will be completed shortly...until then I guess it will be take out for most of us. Presently it is only open for breakfast and lunch - no word on when exactly they will again be doing dinner service.

KoalaNJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 PM

2,733 posts, read 4,130,577 times
It's gone forever

Pals Cabin: The Final Goodbye - Baristanet*|*Baristanet

Fortunately I took some photos back in June after they closed:

Old 11-02-2013, 06:51 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,080,548 times
They started knocking down Pal's earlier this week. The entire back half of the building is now gone. Looks like a tornado went through.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:13 PM

107 posts, read 194,600 times
WHAT!!! I was almost going to go there with a few people yesterday!

Old 11-03-2013, 04:21 PM

334 posts, read 729,035 times
I drove past the structure yesterday...it is always sad to see a landmark torn down. In other news, a Chipotle is opening across the street where the Wendy's was!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:04 AM

267 posts, read 350,578 times
Not going to miss pal's in the state it was in just before closing. Place had gone so far down hill it was sad. As for Chipotle...this I am excited for!

Old 11-07-2013, 02:35 PM

2,733 posts, read 4,130,577 times
Photos taken today, Thursday, November 7, 2013.

Sorry for the poor photo quality, but I took these pictures from inside our car (I was the passenger!) through rain-spattered windows, while we paused for a red light:

Old 11-12-2013, 03:34 PM

18,409 posts, read 15,108,403 times
Here is a picture I took today. The sign is all that's left. Very sad.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey