Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 11:16 AM

908 posts, read 1,554,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Shouldn't is the key word. However, a good portion of births nowadays are to single moms for many different reasons.

You showed your chauvinism by not mentioning the sperm donors in your anti single mom screed. Most don't pay a dime of support or take part in the kids' lives.
I have this character blocked, but I saw what was written since he got a response(city-data blocking needs improvement). His hatred of women is appalling. I don't even want to think what he means by "provable situations". He wants women to prove their baby was a result of rape, and not just rough sex? Is he one of those "legitimate rape" freaks, too? Those sickos, and FAKE pro-lifers(pro-life end for those hypocrites when the kid is born, then its f' that leech & his mother) are the reason why we can't get victims to report or even seek help for physical & emotional trauma. The victim haters do not need to be out in society. They're absolutely disgusting and have no shred of humanity. I don't even know how this character got a woman to reproduce with him. He has a daughter too?! Poor baby. I hope she grows to be an empowered woman, despite the narcissist patriarchy she's growing up around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 11:21 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
i love it when the lowest common denominator (aka colorfulchic83) posts.

what part of my post was anti-woman?

Old 03-31-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
FAKE pro-lifers(pro-life end for those hypocrites when the kid is born, then its f' that leech & his mother)
ummmm "pro-life" as opposition to abortion of a pregnancy. once the kid is born, how is that not supposed to end? i assure you that i am also opposed to murdering people who have been born.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:36 AM

Why are people just assuming the worst without getting facts? It seems nobody is interested in the truth, they just prefer to pass judgement.
He was taking care of his kids fine until he fell on hard times(imagine that, hardship in the crap economy). The child-support arrears & warrant are from 2009. With the interest, you can have $29,000 in arrears within a year. Its no coincidence that it is the same year his business burned down, and his home went into foreclosure. It happened to MANY Americans!!! Many don't care to even take his very REAL excuses into consideration because the man is Latino. He has hired a lawyer to handle this, and like he said initially, his family is his top priority.

Passaic Powerball winner owes $29,000 in child support, sheriff says - NorthJersey.com
"In 2009, there was a fire at the bodega he and his son operated for years, and that same year Quezada went through a foreclosure on a property he had bought three years earlier, according to public records."

Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
He was taking care of his kids fine until he fell on hard times(imagine that, hardship in the crap economy). The child-support arrears & warrant are from 2009.
when this guy fell on hard times, did the needs of the children get put on hold until he would be able to get back on his feet? "oh its a bad time for me so i guess my kids wont be fed, clothed and sheltered." i dont care if the man has to live in his car and eat cat food, he has to keep supporting his children.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:59 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
A-Rod is getting 29 mil this year without any effort at all and nobody is complaining about him getting something for nothing.
Now you have a very VALID point there...A Rod is useless

Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Calling him a deadbeat for owing child-support like people on this thread and another have done, is also the great charming judgmental mentality of Americans. You simply do NOT know the facts. It doesn't take much to get $30,000 grand in arrears for 5 kids, when you are making much less, and can't afford a lawyer to help lower your child-support order. This is especially true for low income minorities who are continuously given high child-support orders that are NOT in accordance to child-support laws, because judges KNOW they can't afford an attorney. Higher income men, especially white men, are at lower risk of this. Hillary Clinton spoke about this when she ran for the democratic nomination in '08.
Also, being in arrears doesn't mean he paid nothing. He could have been paying what he can just not all of the order. Many low income, minorities have no choice to avoid being homeless. Its a reality people just don't give a damn about like many problems plaguing minorities.
There's also a great deal of interest on back child-support, which greatly raises the arrears. Lots of judgment on this dude with very little facts.

Not that anyone cares, but he said the #1 priority after winning this money is helping his family. He didn't talk about yachts, or mansions, or blowing the money on luxuries, like many judgmental people who didn't even bother to hear the man out said. He wants to HELP HIS FAMILY! That includes his kids. The guy is SET, and so are his kids! I think many people, not this thread in particular, and not all posters, but many folks are just mad a Latino man won so much money. No one ever complains when a white dude wins, and they certainly don't get in his personal life.
I wish him and his family well.
Great post.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 AM

4,151 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
They will take it out before he sees anything!! my only hope is if his children were on the public dole as far as food stamps, medicaid etc so Mom could make ends meet because of lack of support from him they get back every single dime of taxpayer money
Mom get 20% gross pay, so 20% of 338m is 67.6 m. This will be one happy mom.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Mom get 20% gross pay, so 20% of 338m is 67.6 m. This will be one happy mom.
uhh.....what?

First of all, Mom's not getting 20% of anything.

Second of all, Uncle Sam and Cousin Chris are getting most of that money.

From the Phila. Inquirer:

Powerball’s real tax bite is mind-blowing

He'll get about $95 million after it's all said and done.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Great post.
Thanks. I have always had a hard time accepting the idea that just because I'm a female, I should automatically side with a women, and bash a man regardless of the facts. Equal means EVERYONE gets the same respect, and that means not judging until we know the facts. Turns out he had a hard time when he accrued those arrears. Some people may still say, "big deal", but having your home foreclosed on, and your business burning down, is pretty much a big damn deal. Plus, the family courts are anything but pro-family, and rarely do what's in the best interest of the children. Its all about money to them, but that's an entire other issue that will ruffle to many feathers that I care to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey