Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 AM

908 posts, read 1,554,533 times

Advertisements

Good Morning all!
I woke up to snow this April morning. Its not a heck of a lot, but my yard & trees are white, and more is on the way tomorrow. Does anyone in NJ have snow? I'm getting so sick of the everyday cloudiness & nearly 1/2 the year being winter. Even when we do have sun, it doesn't last long. It will be mid-late May before we see spring, and compared to NJ, here it will be like early spring is in NJ. At least that's what I remember from North East NJ. Not sure if the rest of NJ is different, but when my mom lived in Randolph, she would sometimes get snow when Passaic County & Bergen didn't, and it was slightly cooler in Randolph.
I know I'm sick of this gloomy mountain mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,675,525 times
I'm further west and at a higher elevation than Randolph and we didn't get snow. Friends of mine in town claim to have seen flurries this am though - I didn't.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I'm further west and at a higher elevation than Randolph and we didn't get snow. Friends of mine in town claim to have seen flurries this am though - I didn't.
If you didn't get any snow, I guess its safe to assume the rest of NJ is powder free. I would take a day trip to escape the gloom, and visit family, but you run into all types of interesting weather coming around these mountains. You can have no snow where you are, then travel 15 minutes, you run into a snow shower, then a few miles more, its a slushy mix, and back to nothing again. We usually wait until late May to travel, if we can. When I moved here( moved in June), I didn't realize how little sunshine this area gets compared to NJ. I just enjoyed the milder summer, until the fall came & I had to salt my drive way & side walk, and turn on the heat. I had never seen snow in October living in NJ. It was fun that 1st year, but every year of this mess is too much for us.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:18 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!
No thankfully no snow and hope not to see it again until Christmas

Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,973,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
It will be mid-late May before we see spring, and compared to NJ, here it will be like early spring is in NJ.
I'll grant you that it is a little chilly, but I'd rather see Spring in mid May that have it be 90 degrees which seems to be happening more and more. Nothing burns me more than having to run the air conditioner in early October, which I've done more than a few times.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!
No thankfully no snow and hope not to see it again until Christmas
LOL, I do NOT wish this weather on NJ. Where would I escape until I move back, and what would i do with spring snow when I finally move back? This weather is typical here. We had snow in May a couple of times. My husband calls the climate here menopausal,lol. Its such an accurate description.
Enjoy real spring NJ!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I'll grant you that it is a little chilly, but I'd rather see Spring in mid May that have it be 90 degrees which seems to be happening more and more. Nothing burns me more than having to run the air conditioner in early October, which I've done more than a few times.
You know I thought the same thing until I lived here a couple of years. it was 22 degrees this morning. Its not even so much the cold as it is the constant cloudy days. If we had some sun with that cold it would be easier. Its literally making me sick. I, and many people here, women especially, have severe Vit.D deficiency. Inadequate sunlight exposure causes so many health problems. At this point, I need to move back for my health. My heating bill costs so much and we have insulation, and CONSERVE. If I only had to do it for 3 months like in NJ it wouldn't be so bad. The AC doesn't run up the bill like the heating bill does. Trust me I thought the NJ heat was a pain in the butt when I lived there, but now that I've had Pa's 6 month winters, I never complain of the heat when I visit my family in the summer.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,675,525 times
Hate to break it to ya chic - but snow in October has become commonplace here (it seems at least).

Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,973,397 times
Quote:
My heating bill costs so much and we have insulation, and CONSERVE. If I only had to do it for 3 months like in NJ it wouldn't be so bad. The AC doesn't run up the bill like the heating bill does.
Speak for yourself. We spend very little on oil and heat mostly with wood and in the winter our electric bill averages about $160. It usually tops $200 in June/July and in August/September we've paid as much as $350

Quote:
Trust me I thought the NJ heat was a pain in the butt when I lived there, but now that I've had Pa's 6 month winters, I never complain of the heat when I visit my family in the summer.
Oh come on...I don't care if you live on top of the Alleghenies, winter does not last 6 months. Hell my family and I are headed to the Great North Woods in Maine in late May-Moosehead Lake will be ice free by then. Why not move to Florida?

Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Hate to break it to ya chic - but snow in October has become commonplace here (it seems at least).
WTH? Well, it still can't be as bad as here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey