Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I live in Newark(Newark Thread) while you never have. Trolls go board hoping talking about places they've never been to and never lived in. Sound familiar?

I chose to discuss the things that I have actually experienced. People create threads to get un-biased answers to questions not anecdotal non-sense from people who know nothing of the situation. If you don't know, keep your biased opinions to yourself.
I don't know?
newark has the most murders in NJ
newark is the leader in car thefts in NJ, at one time in the entire US
newark has areas that are drug infested with street dealing 24/7
newark has areas that are not safe for anyone
newark has parts that are like hell on earth
newarks schools pi$$ away more money and turn out more functioning illiterates than any other district in NJ
did I miss anything?

those are all real facts, no bias here, nobody in their right mind would consider moving there and the majority of people who do live there (excepting down neck) are trapped there by their circumstances, if they could leave they would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
I don't know?
newarks schools pi$$ away more money and turn out more functioning illiterates than any other district in NJ
did I miss anything?

those are all real facts, no bias here, nobody in their right mind would consider moving there and the majority of people who do live there (excepting down neck) are trapped there by their circumstances, if they could leave they would.
You just described the negative attributes of every urban city in america. Very typical. Reason is, you don't live there. Anybody can pull up stats. Who needs you to post that, faking like you're from Newark?

I could live anywhere in this area including Manhattan but chose to live in Newark and I'm very much in my right mind, an open mind that is.

Lets look at your stats..

Most murders: yeah but Newark is NJ largest city. (LA, DC, NY, ATL, Houston all have high murder rates but are very desirable places to live)
Most car thefts: Again largest city in NJ.(Jersey City actually held that title for a long time Mr. "part-time")
Ah..The rest of your post is your BIASED non-sense. It clearly shows you don't know anything about Newark so you spout of rhetoric and insults.

Like I posted before. If you don't want(are deafly afraid of) an urban environment then leave it alone. I guess it makes you feel good to look down on somebody but you sound silly. Anyone in their right mind will understand that no city is "all" bad as you depict Newark. I can go pick something negative out about every town in NJ. Thing is, nobody wants to talk about any other town in NJ because nobody cares about them. They, like you, care about Newark. You just happen to be a tad racist and a lot biased.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:40 PM

87 posts, read 333,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
I don't know?
did I miss anything?

I think that the Camden schools are actually worse, but I do understand your point.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
I hear Camden, Trenton and Paterson are nice...lol

Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 7,155 times
What are the bad neighborhoods in Newark? Most of them just like every other city in the US that has predominantly black areas. Its a shame really. Areas in an around these black neighborhoods are not only full of crime, but violent crime. This is just how it is now and thats that. Statistics show that more "white" people are below the poverty line when you include the whole entire continent 80% of which is rural country. Thats fine. But look at those poor white neighborhoods and areas. Crime? Sure there is some crime everywhere, but you can generally walk down the street without getting shot, mugged, raped, or beaten. You cant polish a turd with statistics. Fact is....Urban black neighborhoods such as we find in most major cities are crime ridden cess pools and dangerous as hell to be in or near. You can complain about stereotyping all day long, racism, profiling etc. But the reality is quite clear for those of us that have lived in or around it for years. I did my best to ignore the thought pattern and convince myself not to think this way. I moved into a couple so called "decent neighborhoods" in these cities and ended up paying for it dearly. I have been burglarized, victimized, and have to watch my back every second. I am surrounded by ignorance and cant even go to the grocery store in peace. Stay far away from Newark, Trenton, Camden, Plainfield, JC, and just about any place with lots of the darker persuasion. I hate to think like this, but its not my choice its reality. Dont make the same mistakes I did. Stay away.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM

23 posts, read 177,247 times
Can we get back to the real question of this thread and not get on the soapbox of calling each other "racists"? It is what it is. Period.

This poster is a student wanting to finish his assignment. He came to post a simple question that no one seems to answer him.

His point blank question pertained to "which neighborhood in Newark are bad?". Just answer him if you know the answer. That's all.

Be specific as to the neighborhood as to the blocks (ie: Central Ave between N. 10th and N. 9th...etc...) Thanks.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Talking Was this a serious comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMBN View Post
Stay far away from Newark, Trenton, Camden, Plainfield, JC, and just about any place with lots of the darker persuasion. I hate to think like this, but its not my choice its reality. Dont make the same mistakes I did. Stay away.
That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard of in my life. All this time I've been scared of white men and I should have been watching out for the darker persuasion.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
What are the bad neighborhoods in Newark? Most of them just like every other city in the US that has predominantly black areas. Its a shame really. Areas in an around these black neighborhoods are not only full of crime, but violent crime. This is just how it is now and thats that. Statistics show that more "white" people are below the poverty line when you include the whole entire continent 80% of which is rural country. Thats fine. But look at those poor white neighborhoods and areas. Crime? Sure there is some crime everywhere, but you can generally walk down the street without getting shot, mugged, raped, or beaten. You cant polish a turd with statistics. Fact is....Urban black neighborhoods such as we find in most major cities are crime ridden cess pools and dangerous as hell to be in or near. You can complain about stereotyping all day long, racism, profiling etc. But the reality is quite clear for those of us that have lived in or around it for years. I did my best to ignore the thought pattern and convince myself not to think this way. I moved into a couple so called "decent neighborhoods" in these cities and ended up paying for it dearly. I have been burglarized, victimized, and have to watch my back every second. I am surrounded by ignorance and cant even go to the grocery store in peace. Stay far away from Newark, Trenton, Camden, Plainfield, JC, and just about any place with lots of the darker persuasion. I hate to think like this, but its not my choice its reality. Dont make the same mistakes I did. Stay away.
I won't even touch this one. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyasiandudeinnj View Post
Can we get back to the real question of this thread and not get on the soapbox of calling each other "racists"? It is what it is. Period.

This poster is a student wanting to finish his assignment. He came to post a simple question that no one seems to answer him.

His point blank question pertained to "which neighborhood in Newark are bad?". Just answer him if you know the answer. That's all.

Be specific as to the neighborhood as to the blocks (ie: Central Ave between N. 10th and N. 9th...etc...) Thanks.
Good point!

Downtown Newark, Forest Hills(very nice), The Branch Brook Park(Wonderful Park) area, Society Hill and Vailsburg are good. The ironbound is good for those scared of the "darker persuasion"LOL!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 AM

544 posts, read 1,058,351 times
Quote:
What are the bad neighborhoods in Newark? Most of them just like every other city in the US that has predominantly black areas. Its a shame really. Areas in an around these black neighborhoods are not only full of crime, but violent crime. This is just how it is now and thats that. Stay far away from Newark, Trenton, Camden, Plainfield, JC, and just about any place with lots of the darker persuasion. I hate to think like this, but its not my choice its reality. Dont make the same mistakes I did. Stay away.
That's about half the cities in America. I guess if we follow your advice, all people of the lighter persuasion will be living in Iowa somewhere okay I'm done laughing at you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey