Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:55 PM

4 posts, read 11,602 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move to the Vineland/Millville area and I plan on staying in a hotel and driving around at night to see how the area is. I know of one called Hotel Millville, but I know nothing about the rates or anything. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in the area or provide me with any information regarding Hotel Millville?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 PM

50 posts, read 172,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyKid609 View Post
I'm looking to move to the Vineland/Millville area and I plan on staying in a hotel and driving around at night to see how the area is. I know of one called Hotel Millville, but I know nothing about the rates or anything. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in the area or provide me with any information regarding Hotel Millville?

Thanks in advance.
Please share your observations when your "tour" is complete. Thinkin' of goin' that way myself!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 AM

691 posts, read 3,059,916 times
The Wyndham hotel in Vineland is supposed to be nice. Its right off of rte 55 at Landis Ave (rte 56). The whole Vineland area tho isn't very nice.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Country Inn and Suites Millville, 1125 Village Drive at Wade Blvd. I haven't stayed there but it looks OK. It's by historic Wheaton Village.

Vineland has a nice section but it's getting bad.

Millville has a lovely Glasstown Arts District, but I wouldn't live within the small city limits or walk around there at night.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:41 PM

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm taking off work for the rest of the week to ride through and check out the area. Again thanks to everyone for their input.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 PM

7 posts, read 35,075 times
Talking Millville

Hi, saw your posting on Millville. Might I suggest you take a look at some of the smaller towns around the Millville-Vineland area? I live in Cedarville which is about 10 miles from Millville. There's also Newport, Fairton and if your into fishing, Fortescue. Also Port Elizabeth. I was raised in Millville but a lot has changed since I was a kid. Down town is not good nor is parts of S.Millville. Heading out of town a couple off miles seems to be the best areas. The powers that be are trying to improve the living conditions but it's not something thats going to happen over night. The town does have a lot as far as the new shopping center and there seems to be a lot of family activities taking place. As far as places to stay I definetly would not stay at the one on 2nd street. I can't remember the name but there seems to be a bit of riff raff there. Try some of the ones in Vineland right off of Rt. 55, I think they will be more to your liking.
If there is anything else I might help you with please feel free to contact me at Pitasmom50@aol.com. GOOD Luck!!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy322 View Post
Hi, saw your posting on Millville. Might I suggest you take a look at some of the smaller towns around the Millville-Vineland area? I live in Cedarville which is about 10 miles from Millville. There's also Newport, Fairton and if your into fishing, Fortescue. Also Port Elizabeth. I was raised in Millville but a lot has changed since I was a kid. Down town is not good nor is parts of S.Millville. Heading out of town a couple off miles seems to be the best areas. The powers that be are trying to improve the living conditions but it's not something thats going to happen over night. The town does have a lot as far as the new shopping center and there seems to be a lot of family activities taking place. As far as places to stay I definetly would not stay at the one on 2nd street. I can't remember the name but there seems to be a bit of riff raff there. Try some of the ones in Vineland right off of Rt. 55, I think they will be more to your liking.
If there is anything else I might help you with please feel free to contact me at Pitasmom50@aol.com. GOOD Luck!!!!
Kathy, how are the koi doing? I knew it was worth roaming the Jersey board. I lost your email since I moved. Sorry people for being off topic, just couldn't help myself. OP listen to Kathy, she knows her stuff!! I'll email later tonight.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:46 AM

7 posts, read 35,075 times
Kathy, how are the koi doing? I knew it was worth roaming the Jersey board. I lost your email since I moved. Sorry people for being off topic, just couldn't help myself. OP listen to Kathy, she knows her stuff!! I'll email later tonight.

Not sure who you are, but koi are good.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy322 View Post
Thanks for all the information. Which hotel on second street? Last time I was in Millville I saw one called Red Carpet and one across the street. I also saw another one, but I don't know the name of that one either. What's downtown Millville? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm not familiar with the Millville/Vineland area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey