Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,975,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisa11 View Post
Sorry half full I would never go through a toll and not pay. I don't care if it was 10 times. They are stating that I went through the ezpass lane. This is bogus.
As others pointed out, some lanes accept cash or EZ pass. Perhaps you failed to put in the right amount of change. Regardless, if the light doesn't register your payment, it's a bad idea to just drive away and hope for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
As others pointed out, some lanes accept cash or EZ pass. Perhaps you failed to put in the right amount of change. Regardless, if the light doesn't register your payment, it's a bad idea to just drive away and hope for the best.
what are you supposed to do? if the toll doesnt register for whatever reason, id just go and deal with it if i get something in the mail.

a couple of times the ezpass didnt register and they sent me something and i paid the toll. no biggie. better than sitting there in the toll booth with someone waiting behind you laying on the horn (as i would be doing if im behind someone there).

Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,975,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what are you supposed to do? if the toll doesnt register for whatever reason, id just go and deal with it if i get something in the mail.

a couple of times the ezpass didnt register and they sent me something and i paid the toll. no biggie. better than sitting there in the toll booth with someone waiting behind you laying on the horn (as i would be doing if im behind someone there).

That's a different situation. You have EZ pass, so there is an established and simple process for paying the toll when you get the notice (and avoid the hefty fee that is otherwise added on). The OP is a cash payer, so they really have to make sure their payment registers or they will get the violation notice with the fee included, and it is very hard to get out of it at that point (for an isolated violation, you have a chance, but OP has gotten multiple notices now).

Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM

161 posts, read 264,489 times
I commute 120 miles a day with the parkway tolls being a regular. I pay change and cash at the tolls (I refuse to give in to the ez pass scam). Anyways, I learned quickly (twice) years ago that they changed the tolls to take pictures if you DO NOT wait for the PAID to come up. They DO NOT CARE about your story or what you have to say. They will make you pay and I hear now they are going to the length of suspending licenses/registration if you don't pay this company.

I always go to the red lane now and pay to the toll person. That's it. The blue lanes where exact change is required is a scam. You don't wait 5-10 seconds for the PAID sign, you'll be screwed with a fine. Faster to pay the toll person and go.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzymuscle25 View Post
(I refuse to give in to the ez pass scam).
you have bad credit?

Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 PM

161 posts, read 264,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you have bad credit?
Nope.. and if I did, explain my .9% interest rate on my recent new car loan for 60 months?

Maybe you do since you would assume something like that?

Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzymuscle25 View Post
Nope.. and if I did, explain my .9% interest rate on my recent new car loan for 60 months?

Maybe you do since you would assume something like that?
whoa, sorry big guy. i didnt realize you got .9% on your new car loan.

i just look at the people in the cash only or exchange lanes and it seems like they have credit issues that keep them from owning an ezpass.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,659,967 times
Quote:
Jersey man you say you know some attorneys that can help me out on this.
Sure if you leave them a payment as a retainer.

Quote:
I refuse to give in to the ez pass scam
Some enjoy waiting in those long lines to pay.

Quote:
they changed the tolls to take pictures if you DO NOT wait for the PAID to come up
So how exactly would you expect the mechinism to determine if any coins were deposited when they haven't even cleared the basket yet? You're the one who wants to use a coin payment so get used to waiting the additional time. EZPass eliminated that but the sinister nature of it defrays you from its use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey