Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterh5 View Post
I am thinking of moving to northern, new jersey because I liked it a lot when I was there. There was always so much to do, and public transportation is great which is a necessity for me because I am unable to drive. I alos like northern new jersey because it is near new york. I am thinking of either hoboken, jersey city, or weehawken areas in other words hudson county. Now I've heard mixed things about jersey city, but the fact is it is cheaper than the other places and has great public transportation which I need. I've heard that jersey city has a huge crime rate, but a lot of east coast cyies have a large crime rate. I think the ods of getting murdered or shot are slim in most places and it depends on the neighborhood. So can someone tell me given the fact that I need public transportation and want to be near Manhattan what is the best place to live in New Jersey.
Peter
I have lived in Jersey City for over 25 years. I never have a problem
Great new condo's near transportation.. Check out www.canco-lofts.com

CancoBob ... not related to the Canco Condo's. which are a great deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,883 times
Hi pixieshmoo
Your exhaustive knowledge on NJ made me ask for your help. I am moving to northern NJ. Dunno where exactly as I am still looking for apartments. My only fixed information is that I need to live close to 1 Verizon Way, Basking Ridge. Could you please tell me of the safe areas and within 20-25 mins. commutable range.

Many Thanks

Old 12-09-2008, 06:09 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancobob View Post
I have lived in Jersey City for over 25 years. I never have a problem
Great new condo's near transportation.. Check out www.canco-lofts.com

CancoBob ... not related to the Canco Condo's. which are a great deal.
err ahhh... ok, whatever

Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM

4 posts, read 22,056 times
I lived in Northern NJ for 30 years in Essex county and it was ok. Very close to everything. Now I live in South Jersey and compute back and forth to Northern NJ and its hard but its worth it. I think if you like action you need to go to Ft. Lee. As previously stated I haven't heard anything bad or good about Ft. Lee but out of the choices you give that is your best bet.

Good luck.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 11,369 times
this is really awesome I am greatly gratefull for all of your comments. what I need to know where can I rent a motel for a couple of weeks until I find out where I am going to live

Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Default 295 Sour Grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nids013 View Post
Hi pixieshmoo
Your exhaustive knowledge on NJ made me ask for your help. I am moving to northern NJ. Dunno where exactly as I am still looking for apartments. My only fixed information is that I need to live close to 1 Verizon Way, Basking Ridge. Could you please tell me of the safe areas and within 20-25 mins. commutable range.

Many Thanks
You should probably start your own thread but it looks like 1 Verizon Way is what used to be called 295 N Maple Ave, which is a giant office building the size of a small city and just off I-287 around what we would call the middle of the state. I used to call that place 295 Sour grapes as I used to do a part time gig moonlighting there years ago.

Anything from Morristown, Parsippany down towards Somerville, New Brunswick and a lot of other smaller towns closer by are close to being in your geographic range. As usual it depends if you're looking for a quiet residential site or some sort of mid size town. 295 Sour Grapes is in a decent suburban to almost rural high end part of NJ anyway.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:29 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichimiami View Post
this is really awesome I am greatly gratefull for all of your comments. what I need to know where can I rent a motel for a couple of weeks until I find out where I am going to live
Foist things foist, where are you trying to be near?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:20 AM

in a safe clean enviroment in jersey city, very close to massive transportation

Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 AM

ok I will check it out tks

Old 04-09-2010, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,232 times
Hello,
I'm looking to relocate with my husband who will be stationed at Ft.Dix New Jersey. However, they will not be giving us Military housing. What is a safe, kid friendly, affordable place to move in Jersey???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey