Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times

Advertisements

Welcome to www.dailyrecord.com - Updates - NJ announces plan to target mortgage woes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times
populist politicians buying votes with what's left of your money, they want the majority of people who handle their finances in a responsible manner to bail out those who were totally irresponsible, typical liberalista redistribute the wealth BS

Old 10-31-2007, 12:10 PM

Well that just really aggravates the hell out of me!!
I don't want to see anyone LOSE their homes...BUT...good grief if you bought into something you KNEW you couldn't afford under tried & true traditional financing, you have nobody to blame but yourselves..

Old 10-31-2007, 12:14 PM

100 posts, read 425,819 times
I think there doing it all over

Old 10-31-2007, 12:22 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
this is being done on a national level as well (which can nary afford it either). it has more to do with helping overzealous lenders (aka big business), who gave mortgages to those who couldn't afford it, sustainability rather than helping the little guy, believe me. the government doesn't give one hoot about "joe irresponsible"'s financial situation.

Bush rides to subprime rescue - Aug. 31, 2007

Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
this is being done on a national level as well (which can nary afford it either). it has more to do with helping overzealous lenders (aka big business), who gave mortgages to those who couldn't afford it, sustainability rather than helping the little guy, believe me. the government doesn't give one hoot about "joe irresponsible"'s financial situation.

Bush rides to subprime rescue - Aug. 31, 2007

Still doesn't make it right becuse responsible Joe citizen will end up paying for it

Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
I'm thinkin' I'll head up there, buy more house than I can afford on one of those stupid loan programs, and then stop paying the mortgage. The state will step in and pay it for me and then re-fi me at a lower rate than I can get on my own- it's a great deal!! Gotta love it when the government steps in to protect people from their own stupidity.......

Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Still doesn't make it right becuse responsible Joe citizen will end up paying for it
i'm not saying you're wrong. however, try as I might, I can't get worked up about this. as taxpayers, we're already paying for things far more sinister. i'm not defending people who took on more debt than they can handle (hell, i got called out by someone who said i was nuts suggesting a person with a 100K salary could only afford a 250K house, apparently that was too low), but in some way i think it's necessary to stop the hemorrhaging and the complete and total collapse of the housing market. i would like to see some sort of blemish on homeowner's credit rating though - does that happen?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I'm thinkin' I'll head up there, buy more house than I can afford on one of those stupid loan programs, and then stop paying the mortgage. The state will step in and pay it for me and then re-fi me at a lower rate than I can get on my own- it's a great deal!! Gotta love it when the government steps in to protect people from their own stupidity.......
why don't you if you really think it's such a good deal? you can even do it down there since this is being done on a national level too.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:47 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
why don't you if you really think it's such a good deal? you can even do it down there since this is being done on a national level too.
I just might- I'll have to see how the program ends up being configured. With my luck, I'd default based on preliminary program rules, and then they'd scrap the whole thing before the program picks up my payments.....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey