Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Buying a new home, which town is best?
Roselle Park 15 78.95%
Union 5 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,832 times

Advertisements

Sorry for budding in but wanted to thank to you all for sharing. I too am looking at Roselle NJ for it's affordability. I want to move from Queens NY but wasn't sure about what area I should look at in Roselle or any part of NJ for that matter that would fit my 200K budget. It appears many homes are in my price range and if, I understood correctly, transportation won't be a problem into NYC. Curious about the fare amount though and whether it's; can anyone share on that too? I have a 10 years grandson living with me and school safety will be a concern for me as well. I am an educated Hispanic and would like to have a few of my folks nearby; hopefully this area will work for me in that respect too. thanks again to you all for your helpful feedback! M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 05:43 PM

19,031 posts, read 25,104,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzRo View Post
Sorry for budding in but wanted to thank to you all for sharing.
That's okay!
Spring will soon be here, and at that point budding will take place on all manner of plants...

Old 02-15-2015, 07:51 PM

5,766 posts, read 16,494,290 times
As far as train or bus fare and schedules all that is available on njtransit.com FYI Roselle is on the east side of the tracks and Roselle Park on the other side just FYI. Two separate towns with separate gov'ts etc.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:06 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,095,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
As far as train or bus fare and schedules all that is available on njtransit.com FYI Roselle is on the east side of the tracks and Roselle Park on the other side just FYI. Two separate towns with separate gov'ts etc.
Also with DRASTICALLY different demographics. Roselle is 55% Black and 26% Hispanic. The non-Hispanic white population is very, very small. Roselle Park is 45% non-Hispanic white, 26% Hispanic, 11% Asian and only 5% Black.

I'm not recommending either, just be aware that this isn't the Chathams where both are almost the same, they're going to feel very different.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:31 PM

52 posts, read 84,543 times
I was renting after a divorce and was having a hard time looking for a place I could afford in a good area. Hello Roselle Park, working class no crime (rated 3rd over all safest in Union County ) I spoke to the Police and asked the magic question, would you live here? the answer was yes. The schools are "A" rated (my child is grown so I didn't have to worry about that. Taxes for Union county are high but noting like Essex or Bergen county.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:10 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,080,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdiddy761 View Post
I was renting after a divorce and was having a hard time looking for a place I could afford in a good area. Hello Roselle Park, working class no crime (rated 3rd over all safest in Union County ) I spoke to the Police and asked the magic question, would you live here? the answer was yes. The schools are "A" rated (my child is grown so I didn't have to worry about that. Taxes for Union county are high but noting like Essex or Bergen county.
The schools in Roselle Park are "A" rated? Based on what criteria? I have several friends that teach in the district and I don't think they would agree...

Old 11-08-2015, 10:10 PM

52 posts, read 84,543 times
416 high schools in NJ, 82nd ain't bad. Like I said...I didn't buy here for the schools, I have a great house in a safe town that has Kenilworth, Cranford the good sections of Union & Elizabeth as borders & train bridges keeping Roselle from town..I did see the schools were better but I can't find it. Is it Cranford?? no my house would be 400,000 if it were
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey