Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 PM

13 posts, read 26,554 times

Advertisements

My wife and I looked at some houses in North Jersey. We found a place in Teaneck that we like. I already got some info on schools and location, but I am interested in knowing what this specific area is like. The house was very near to Bernard E Brooks Park. It seems like a very nice area and neighborhood. Is it quite and as safe as it seems? I am white and my wife is black. I saw a mix of people all over Teaneck, but wanted to be sure this is a mixed area. Any additional information would be great before we make a move on a new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 PM

46 posts, read 207,124 times
Default Did you buy the house in Teaneck?

I've lived there for 7 years and love it. It is very diverse. You should not feel uncomfortable at all. I hope you like it. I'm near Cedar Lane.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 PM

13 posts, read 26,554 times
We did end up buying a house in teaneck. We are actually closing in a few days. Its not the same house that we originally looked at, but its close to it. We will be near Teaneck Rd. and Rt. 4. Thanks for the words of advice.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:59 PM

1 posts, read 981 times
I’m trying to buy a house in Teaneck and I have two kids, 5yr and 10yr. The house I like is near route 80. I would like to know how are the schools. Do they offer after school programs?any information will help. Thank you

Old 11-29-2017, 01:16 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,194,688 times
I suggest you do some serious research on schools in Teaneck if your going the public school route. The high school is pretty rough, and I'd look into test scores, college acceptance rates and so on for the future if you have young kids. Diversity is great, but at the same time you have many different groups of people in Teaneck, many coming from different religious organizations, more specifically. I don't want to speak so negatively about certain groups, but I suggest you do your homework regarding Teaneck.

I think the appeal with Teaneck is they have many smaller homes which is what many people prefer these days, that actually are nice looking. Also, you can jump on Rt 4 East which takes you right into the city.

Taxes are rather high, even on small homes, yards are tiny, and schools are questionable. Similar to towns like Englewood and Hackensack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey