Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,485 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'm looking to move into Cambridge Heights in Nutley, NJ. I need to commute into the SOHO area (Morton Street, Manhattan, NY) Monday through Thursday. I heard there is an express bus into Port Authority, does anyone have any experience with that? Then I guess I have to take a train from Port Authority to somewhere near Morton Street...Christopher maybe? Does anyone have any expereince with public transportation into the city? How do you pay, is there an EZ pass for train/bus? What are the costs? Timing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 05:12 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,907,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriJoT View Post
Hello. I'm looking to move into Cambridge Heights in Nutley, NJ. I need to commute into the SOHO area (Morton Street, Manhattan, NY) Monday through Thursday. I heard there is an express bus into Port Authority, does anyone have any experience with that? Then I guess I have to take a train from Port Authority to somewhere near Morton Street...Christopher maybe? Does anyone have any expereince with public transportation into the city? How do you pay, is there an EZ pass for train/bus? What are the costs? Timing?
Getting into the Port Authority is easy via bus from Cambridge Heights, however I forget how much. There is no pass for trains or buses. You will have to buy a monthly card. You will have to walk a few blocks to catch the bus on Centre St.

From the Port Authority you will have to walk about 9 blocks to get to The PATH station which will take you downtown to Christopher. There maybe a subway close to the Port Authority that takes you to Christopher St., but I don't know and will let other chime in. I bet there is.

Cambridge Apartments are nice.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:11 AM

13 posts, read 45,145 times
while home prices are rising in most areas, i haven't seen home prices rising in Nutley... in fact i see that some homes are slashing prices by 10-15k...

any idea if there's something wrong brewing with the real estate in Nutley? it seems like a beautiful town to me, especially cambridge heights...

Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 AM

225 posts, read 721,159 times
I would speculate the closing of the Roche plant and the likely impending increase in taxes that will ensue may be at play.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,921 times
Why would you walk to the PATH from Port Authority? You can just take the 1 train from Times Square to Christopher(@7th Ave). Depending on where you are going on Christopher (or Morton) you could also take the A-C-E right from Port Authority and get off at W 4th St.(@6th Ave) Either one of those will be much faster than walking to the PATH(which is actually more like 15 blocks, 2 avenues and 9 blocks.)

Old 08-05-2013, 09:45 AM

13 posts, read 45,145 times
thanks NJHomebody. the taxes @ nutley are already quite high at @12000 per year. a further increase could cause a lifetime of money drain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey