Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:06 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,530 times

Advertisements

The Nutty Nazi is back here:

I was a good father: New Jersey Nazi whose five children were stripped from custody gives emotional plea defending parenting - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 01:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
There was one guy on our site like that (worked for one of our subcontracting companies), pretty much had the flag up specifically because he was a racist - he did grow up for some time in Jacksonville, but he's really a Jerseyite. He was a racist because in Jersey City when he was a kid the black kids would beat his ass every day and call him honky until he "freaked out" as he said, which is the only good reason I've ever heard to be a racist. It didn't help he was also a kind of weird guy, strong extrovert, loud type, always talking, it was kind of funny, he'd just babble joke stuff as he's working and go from the last thing he said, usually racist-joke stuff, it was pretty funny.
Let me tell you something. If every black person who had ever been beaten up, harassed or called the N-word by whites "freaked out" and turned into a rabid racist, this country would be a perpetual war zone a la Kosovo, Northern Ireland, Myanmar, Somalia or other ethnically riven locales. You don't hate an entire group of people because of what some have done to you. I also don't see "racist-joke stuff" as being funny.

So I ain't buying it. There is NO good reason to be a racist. You must have a soft spot in your heart for this guy.......

Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
As far as hate and personal freedom and expression, this is only 2013 and mankind is still a primitive society. Someday way in the future everyone will be free to express anything they want, dress anyway they want. That is the real opposite of prejudice.
That'll be good.....as long as I can express myself the way I want in the presence of racist Nazis or KKK members.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
As far as hate and personal freedom and expression, this is only 2013 and mankind is still a primitive society. Someday way in the future everyone will be free to express anything they want, dress anyway they want. That is the real opposite of prejudice.
There are plenty of KKK members and American Nazi members who keep their children. But the parents in this case are in no way fit to be parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
And courts of law (in this case family courts) should determine each case on the merits. Strip away the Nazi uniform, the crazy names, and the bizarre birthday cakes, and you still have two mentally incompetent, abusive, and plain unfit parents. The Nazi sympathizer stuff is just window dressing that makes for comedic fodder as far as I'm concerned. There are children everywhere who suffer unspeakable abuse at the hands of people just like these two so called "parents," only they are nameless, faceless members of society who don't stand out so prominently. There's a former Army Sargent at Picatinny going to trial very soon on charges that he and his wife took in foster kids and deprived them of food (to the point that they were emaciated), locked them in rooms for days on end, and all kinds of horrible stuff. To the outside world they were just another nice family on the block. In some ways, those cases are even scarier than these two losers.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
NJ was a major site for the German-American Bund, which was a thinly-disguised arm of Germany's Nazi Party. The leader, Fritz Kuhn, set up, "summer camps", in NJ for German-American youths, where they spent much time parading with Swastika emblems and other Nazi regalia. When they weren't parading, they were being inculcated with the principles of Nazism.

As you might expect, this group also spent a lot of their time spouting anti-Semitic and anti-black propaganda. On a less-obvious basis, The Bund was part of Nazi Germany's espionage network in The US.

The biggest of the Bund's summer camps was in Sussex County, but there were also others, IIRC. I believe that the one in Sussex County was near the town of Stanhope, but my recollection on that point could be incorrect. The town of Union (in Union County) boasted a large Bund membership during the 1930s & early 1940s.

When The US entered WWII, the Bund came under closer scrutiny, and the organization was essentially disbanded, although The FBI found that some of its members continued to carry out espionage for Nazi Germany. After the war, Mr. Kuhn's actions of providing, "aid & comfort to the enemy", resulted in deportation to Germany, where he died a few years later.

Prior to the emergence of The Bund, NJ was a significant state for the KKK, and as was said previously by another forum member, several large open-air KKK rallies were held in NJ during the 1920s & 1930s. One of the biggest (perhaps the biggest rally of all) was held in Franklin Township, on farmland very close to the current site of the municipal complex. A farmer who was strapped for money agreed to rent his fields to this group for a large rally, and he wound up being very embarrassed when giant flaming crosses lit up the night sky.

In the Zarephath section of Franklin Township, the Pillar of Fire Church set up their headquarters, sometime in the 1920s or 1930s, and this church became the most prominent mouthpiece for the KKK in the northern states. For many years, the Bishop of this church--an incredibly hateful woman by the name of Alma White--preached racist rhetoric from her pulpit and also spread the church's messages of hate via several radio stations across the US, and through print media. The hateful nature of the literature distributed by this, "religious", group is almost beyond belief.

While the Pillar of Fire Church is not eager to discuss its shameful racist background, history is history, and their past is of record. What is truly ironic is that, in recent years, in order to build up their rapidly waning membership, the church has recruited a lot of minority members from inner-city areas, who are likely not aware of the church's long history of racism.

Anyway...anyone who says that NJ does not have a history of racism is just not fully aware of much of our history.

Edited in order to add:
And...anyone who thinks that the parental rights of these parents were severed because of the Nazi names that they gave their children, is just not fully aware of the facts of the case. The Nazi names were essentially the "smoking gun" that brought public scrutiny of the parents and the situations that they had created in their home. Investigations into the background of the couple, as well as the mental state of both the parents and the children, revealed situations that could not be ignored if the children were to grow up in a reasonably well-adjusted way.

Oh, yes, I've read about the Pillar of Fire Church. It's fascinating stuff. Alma White was a piece of work:

Pillar of Fire International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was SO sad when their college campus was damaged by Floyd and then pretty much destroyed by Irene *sarcasm*. Although they are still meeting in Warren County.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:58 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Oh, yes, I've read about the Pillar of Fire Church. It's fascinating stuff. Alma White was a piece of work:

Pillar of Fire International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was SO sad when their college campus was damaged by Floyd and then pretty much destroyed by Irene *sarcasm*. Although they are still meeting in Warren County.
You sound like some kinda racist, like you're prejudice against them.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
You sound like some kinda racist, like you're prejudice against them.
Yes I admit that I don't like white supremacists.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Yes I admit that I don't like white supremacists.
Imagine that.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Imagine that.
Normally I don't respond to such an obvious troll as "cap", but he was just saying such a silly thing to me.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:21 PM

NJ judge denies Nazi-obsessed dad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey