U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 989 times

Advertisements

Hi, we purchased a house a few years ago. This house was built in 1980s. We applied for fence replacement permit because our fence fell down during Sandy. It turned out that there is about 10' municipal easement on one side of the fence that we did not know about. (The fence was already there for over 30 years.) Township no longer allows us to replace the fence in that area so we applied for variance and it seemed like our variance could be approved because we agreed to remove fence in that area if there is need for township.

However, during variance meeting, we were suddenly advised to add deed restriction in our deed because it turned out that, in 1980s when the area was first developed, there was a plan to install sidewalk on the municipal easement area between my home and my neighbor and it might still happen. Unlike my neighbors, we are the only ones who cannot install fence and need to have deed restriction because I want to replace fence.

What is disadvantage of having deed restriction like this and what can I do about it? It seems that it is unreasonble for township to request something like this now... Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey