Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 AM

3 posts, read 15,767 times

Advertisements

I am looking to find a place in Monroe and work in NYC so some obvious commute questions

FYI, The poster said Monthly parking is $35.

My concerns are

a. I went there last weekend to check out 8A Park & Ride. The lot seemed big but I dont know if it really fills up or not. Can anyone comment on space situation and what time it fills up?

b. do you actually get a space in the bus if you take it at 8ish AM? It seems like 8A is the last stop on the bus route before NYC so how much space is really there. Do you get a seat? Do they allow people to stand?

c. According to http://www.academybus.com/getattachm...o-Midtown.aspx The monthly pass is only valid till 8:30 AM in the morning and between 4:30 - 7 PM in the eve. Anything outside is regular fare. IMHO, 8:30 AM is very early to stop taking Monthly. Do they really enforce it?

d. Seems like you can get on either Academy or Sub Urban Transit buses. Is it true?

e. Getting on the bus at Port Authority, do Academy and Sub Urban use same gates or you have to know what time bus you have to catch and if its either Academy or Suburban and go to one or the other gate?

Thanks for the info fellas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 04:25 PM

213 posts, read 349,971 times
There are plenty of parking available. It would never be a problem to get parking or get seat. Lot of people theee days
Work from home. And on start of long weekends lot of people leave early. Its much more convenient to buy trips instead of monthly. They do enforce the time, although they cut a slack if the bus is late. If you are planning to live near rt33, you can take one of the three express bus from abington drive in twin rivers. Monthly tickets doesnt work on express bus. Parking in free twin rivers plaza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey