Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 08:39 AM

690 posts, read 964,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
So your suggesting if the victim was a black women and the attacker a white male, all caught on the nanny camera, the police wouldn't have tried half as hard to locate the attacker?
yes, they wouldn't, unless the story got the same publicity so then they "have to"
the FBI got involved and they caught him in 3 days, come on now, this typa craziness happens in the hood all the time, and they dont catch the bad guy this quick, let alone have the FBI involved
and im not sayin law enforcement personnel is necessarily racist, but its all political, white women victims always get mad media coverage so pressure is put on LE to act fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
Ah, yes, the old "white peeps have it easy" routine.
they def have it easier

Last edited by Stechkin; 07-01-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im sure if you follow a money trail you will find that this is the result of money changing hands from one interest group to politicians. perhaps corrections officer unions, lawyer industry groups, law enforcement unions, etc. its insane to have people in prison for drug possession.
the 'prison lobby' is quite robust. that's for sure.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:50 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I didn't say I agree with it, i'm playing devils advocate as usual. Did the same stores remove all the CDs with the rappers using the N word.
Exactly!!! And where is the outrage over cranky Alec Baldwins homophobic twitter rant? Think Cap1 is going to drop him..?????

Bottom line is this POS that beat that woman should not have been free to roam around. Hope he rots and hope the poor woman can recover from this...yes her physical injuries will heal but emotional ones may take much longer

Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
if the public were outraged by rappers using the N word, then I'm fairly confident that stores would do that. Now if you want to discuss whether the public should be outraged by that, fine. But the fact of the matter is, it generally doesn't bother a large number of people when african americans use the word with each other, but it does when caucasians use the word at all. Is that a double standard? I don't really think so, but personally I don't think anyone should use the word.
So the old double standard?? Either the word is offensive or it's not. Trust me I'm no Paula fan, her recipes equate to heart attack on a plate. Just saying the old double standard works on both sides of the coin...

Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 AM

I do agree that the criminal justice system malfunctioned here, even though I don't know what priors he had, but looks like a long rap sheet so he shoulda either stayed locked up or at least watched closely by parole officers

Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
So the old double standard?? Either the word is offensive or it's not. Trust me I'm no Paula fan, her recipes equate to heart attack on a plate. Just saying the old double standard works on both sides of the coin...
I'm not going to pretend to understand the reasons that many african americans use the word, because i'm not african american. some have said they "reclaimed" the word. others say it's a double standard. if you think it's offensive in the way that african americans use it, maybe you're right. the fact is, it's never not offensive when a white person uses it - is there any question about that?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:07 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
I'm not going to pretend to understand the reasons that many african americans use the word, because i'm not african american. some have said they "reclaimed" the word. others say it's a double standard. if you think it's offensive in the way that african americans use it, maybe you're right. the fact is, it's never not offensive when a white person uses it - is there any question about that?
I think it basically comes down to a lack of maturity in those that use it. they are trying to sound "cool." I can see white people using it in an attempt to sound cool in a non-racist manor. but someone like myself (that knows that there is nothing cool about himself) couldn't get away with using it in a non-racist manor.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
its completely different when blacks say it to each other and when whites say it to blacks
when blacks say it, it is usually ends with "a", and it could mean a whole buncha things, from describing a certain type of person (thats that crazy nword right there) to greeting a friend (wadap nword), to an exclamation point (nword, what?)
when whites say it, it usually ends with "r" and refers to whips and lynchings
that said, im white, and i say it to black people i know without consequences, its not what you say, its how you say it

Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Returning to the thread, I don't think this assault was racist. People have been stealing, robbing from one another since the days of cavemen. This perp after assaulting this victim viciously in front of one of her children proceeded to throw her down a flight of stairs possibly causing her death and he didn't care one bit and left her there. With that being said it would have been nice to see this assault stopped by a guy like Rambo emerging from upstairs and ridding society of a violent felon. My view is this is a case where they should throw away the key and let him rot in jail for the rest of his life. In a civilized society I don't want to see another person subjected to this scumbags ruthless acts on society. Call me mean, unfair, nuts, I don't really care. For some reason I don't think i'm alone with my thoughts. Without this video this jerk might be out there NOW doing this to someone else.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Returning to the thread, I don't think this assault was racist. People have been stealing, robbing from one another since the days of cavemen. This perp after assaulting this victim viciously in front of one of her children proceeded to throw her down a flight of stairs possibly causing her death and he didn't care one bit and left her there. With that being said it would have been nice to see this assault stopped by a guy like Rambo emerging from upstairs and ridding society of a violent felon. My view is this is a case where they should throw away the key and let him rot in jail for the rest of his life. In a civilized society I don't want to see another person subjected to this scumbags ruthless acts on society. Call me mean, unfair, nuts, I don't really care. For some reason I don't think i'm alone with my thoughts. Without this video this jerk might be out there NOW doing this to someone else.
yes, this guy proved repeatedly that he cannot function in society so he needs to go and stay there, which is prolly whats gon happen anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey