Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 08:45 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,333,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Actually, he was pretty famous. Twitter (where I found out about his death) was ablaze with the news and his IMDB message board went absolutely crazy. It nearly imploded.

Did you know that you can go on a Sopranos Tour?

Sopranos Sites Tour | Sopranos Tour of New Jersey & New York : On Location Tours

In a touching tribute, Holsten's Ice Cream in Bloomfield, after fans packed the place after word of Gandolfini's death, left "Tony's" table "reserved" for him:

Holsten's Ice Cream, Setting For Final 'The Sopranos' Scene, Makes Moving Tribute To James Gandolfini
The series he starred in literally changed the format of the 'television show'. Prior to The Sopranos, a TV show had a plot line that basically introduced a problem, dealth with the problem, and resolved it by the end of the show. The Sopranos was the first of it's kind (of this widespread popularity) to leave you hanging at the end of each week, dying for next Sunday night to come so you could find out what happens next. And much of this was because of the amazing job he did as an actor, portraying such a character as he did. He's not "famous" like many lead actors/actresses are because he was not a fame-seeker. He purposely chose roles in movies that didn't give him fame, but that he enjoyed and that he saw as projects worth taking. He's not very "well known" for his movie roles, but he has had many.

He is widely known and respected. He's certainly famous. I found out at Yankee Stadium - they played the theme of the show when the news broke, and a quick message was posted on the screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the "solider" puts his life at risk to do a job that helps keep us free (or helps enrich politicians and defense contractors). a "distinguished citizen" like james gandolfini does a job so that he can get fat, rich, high on cocaine, bang hookers and die in Italy.
his wife is a hooker? and i wonder if his infant baby was from a crack-ho baby mama.

what world do you live in, Captain? honestly.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 AM

5,815 posts, read 12,575,495 times
They lowered it for the crackhead Houston(great performer), wife beater Clarence Clemons(great musician) why not lower it for the mob boss(great actor). I know I need sensitivity training I'm been in a bad mood lately.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:30 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,476,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
his wife is a hooker? and i wonder if his infant baby was from a crack-ho baby mama.

what world do you live in, Captain? honestly.
you are drawing the conclusion that because he is married that he wasnt banging hookers? i dont know the answer to this, but would you be surprised if he wasnt snorting cocaine with his wife?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
you are drawing the conclusion that because he is married that he wasnt banging hookers? i dont know the answer to this, but would you be surprised if he wasnt snorting cocaine with his wife?
no, i'm not drawing any conclusions other than what I knew about him. he was a very reserved man who didn't like the spotlight and by all accounts was very dedicated to his family. he was also a brilliant actor. i don't immediately jump to negative conclusions about a man who dies from a heart attack.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
no, i'm not drawing any conclusions other than what I knew about him. he was a very reserved man who didn't like the spotlight and by all accounts was very dedicated to his family. he was also a brilliant actor. i don't immediately jump to negative conclusions about a man who dies from a heart attack.
nobody really knows whats going on behind closed doors with a family. but I think with gandolfini; we can draw some conclusions.

"But according to the ex-wife of talented and kindly James Gandolfini, the complicated personality that made Tony Soprano the TV icon of the last decade fought a battle with drug addiction, alcohol and inner demons that would cause him to lash out at himself violently."

Read more: James Gandolfini 'battled cocaine addiction and nearly derailed The Sopranos' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 AM

hmmmm, the unproven accusations of a woman married to a famous man, whom filed for divorce from HER, or the countless tales of the people who worked with him that counter what she claimed?

sure - YOU can draw whatever conclusions you'd like from 1 article, I'll draw the conclusions from the many I've read over the last 15 years.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
hmmmm, the unproven accusations of a woman married to a famous man, whom filed for divorce from HER, or the countless tales of the people who worked with him that counter what she claimed?

sure - YOU can draw whatever conclusions you'd like from 1 article, I'll draw the conclusions from the many I've read over the last 15 years.
my mom knows my dad way better than his co-workers (they are divorced). anyway, nothing is "proven" and im not trying to prove anything here. but you can draw your conclusion and ill draw mine. id put money that the guy was snorting cocaine and banging hookers on the regular.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
my mom knows my dad way better than his co-workers (they are divorced). anyway, nothing is "proven" and im not trying to prove anything here. but you can draw your conclusion and ill draw mine. id put money that the guy was snorting cocaine and banging hookers on the regular.
did you mom only stay married to your dad for a couple of years, and slander him in a bitter divorce with unproven statements? heck - i know some guys who are married to women and the women don't have a clue who their husband really is.

have fun with you conclusion. i just think it's funny that people immediately jump to such horrible conclusions.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
did you mom only stay married to your dad for a couple of years, and slander him in a bitter divorce with unproven statements? heck - i know some guys who are married to women and the women don't have a clue who their husband really is.

have fun with you conclusion. i just think it's funny that people immediately jump to such horrible conclusions.
I cant begin to tell you how much fun ive been having with the conclusion ive drawn about james gandolfini. this past weekend I went to a Gandolfini memorial party that had tons of cocaine, hookers and cannolis.

I don't draw conclusions like that about everyone that dies; just about the ones that I think were drug and hooker addicts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey