Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 11:58 AM

13,376 posts, read 28,629,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Yes, she is female.
More than likely why the female rabbit isn't too friendly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 02:06 PM

908 posts, read 1,549,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
More than likely why the female rabbit isn't too friendly
Hmm, I never thought about that. I knew if they were the same species it can be an issue, but never thought it would cause problems with different species. Ehhh, women, I guess they can be catty in all species,lol.
Thanks again. I will try explain this one to my kids. They want the bunnies to be such good buds with the kitten.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:06 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,675,152 times
You have to remember that rabbits are a prey species and cats are predators - that's why the one bunny isn't so fond of the kitten. Plus female rabbits are definitely more difficult (I've had rabbits as pets pretty much my entire life). I got the two I have now from a rescue when I was in Iowa - they are brothers from the same litter who were born there. I wanted two boys SO bad but it isn't easy to get two males to get along so I got lucky finding them. They were neutered early so I'm sure that helped too. I have a thing for lop eared rabbits - all my bunnies have been lops. My guys are bigger than Colorful's - one is a 7 lbs and the other is 6 lbs. They'll be 5 in September.

Here's a pic of the boys from Christmas 2 years ago:

The black one is Montgomery (Monte) and the black and white one is Madison (Madison IS technically a boys name before anybody starts, LOL!)

Old 06-28-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
You have to remember that rabbits are a prey species and cats are predators - that's why the one bunny isn't so fond of the kitten. Plus female rabbits are definitely more difficult (I've had rabbits as pets pretty much my entire life). I got the two I have now from a rescue when I was in Iowa - they are brothers from the same litter who were born there. I wanted two boys SO bad but it isn't easy to get two males to get along so I got lucky finding them. They were neutered early so I'm sure that helped too. I have a thing for lop eared rabbits - all my bunnies have been lops. My guys are bigger than Colorful's - one is a 7 lbs and the other is 6 lbs. They'll be 5 in September.

Here's a pic of the boys from Christmas 2 years ago:

The black one is Montgomery (Monte) and the black and white one is Madison (Madison IS technically a boys name before anybody starts, LOL!)
Awwwwww, my kids love them. They want more bunnies, but we found homes for the others. Awww so darn sweet.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM

How do you post a pic in the thread from your pc? I've only done it with urls.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:16 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,675,152 times
Quote:
I did it from the URL of a pic I had in an album on Facebook. I don't think you can post directly from your PC folders (or I'd have a more recent picture up there, LOL!).

Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 AM

13,376 posts, read 28,629,015 times
GoYanks

OMG they are soooo cute

Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM

576 posts, read 1,593,179 times
I was temporarily rabbit sitting for a family member a few years back and I have to say they are an EXCELLENT pet. This little fella was litter box trained and very relaxed. It is important to make sure your house is rabbit proofed if they run around all day (no visible wires etc etc). I still see the lop when I visit them and although they are not as friendly and needy as dogs they are a great starter pet and a great pet for someone that does not want a pet with to much responsibility.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:24 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,735,096 times
Quote:
Aww come on, really? They don't get more then 3.5 lbs anyway, and most is bones & hair. You probably couldn't resist loving them if you saw how incredibly cute they are. Your kids definitely couldn't. Then like many parents do, you'd just have to get the kids a bunny.
Oh i think they are incredibly adorable, and soft, and cuddly. Doesn't make them any less tasty.

How does the saying go???

There is room for all of the worlds creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes.

Depending on where and how you were raised in the world, all animals are fair game when you are hungry. Even though I grew up in the inner city, I've spent a lot of time on farms and in other countries. Meat is meat.

I've had squirrel, snake, elk, deer, moose, wild boar, alligator, goat, cow, sheep, pig, chicken, turkey, pheasant, duck, goose, snail, oysters, clams, crab, lobster, eel, turtle, shark, and too many types of fish to name (even a goldfish in college), its all meat.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:21 PM

88,203 posts, read 84,076,500 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
I did it from the URL of a pic I had in an album on Facebook. I don't think you can post directly from your PC folders (or I'd have a more recent picture up there, LOL!).
You can post pictures. You upload them under "Pictures & Albums" under "My settings", and then you copy the "BB code" into your post.

This is Winkie and Mattie, two of my four cats (sorry, no rabbits). They are siblings, saved and bottlefed at four weeks by my bro's girlfriend after their stray mother was hit by a car. Winkie is blind from birth and Mattie has six toes on her front paws.

LOL, note the Dyson "Animal" model vacuum behind the couch...comes with all the pet-hair attachments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey