Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,667 times

Advertisements

Ok. So I'm planning a move to attend school in New York (Manhattan)...but I wouldnt want to live neccessarily in the city. How far is New Jersey from New York? I'm looking for some place family-oriented. And is it really that expensive as what I've been reading? A studio here in Hollywood, CA costs me about $1,250 for a Studio. So whats the price range like out there? You guys could help me so much!!! So let me know...Thanks! xoxo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 02:26 PM

445 posts, read 1,984,667 times
well the distance from NYC to new jersey depends on where in new jersey you want to go.If you are right across the water from Manhattan, it could be half hour or more depending on what time of day you go. Sometimes delays at the tunnels and bridges are upwards of 45 minutes.If you rent an apt right across from Manhattan in Nj, it will be expensive. If you go further south into NJ,it will get cheaper but it still wont be cheap.The price range could be from $800.00-$1300 and up depending on where you move. If you move to a ghetto like Newark it might be cheaper.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:33 AM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,495 times
Well, for $1,250 you could get a very NICE studio in Hoboken in one of those luxury high-rise buildings. And you could be in the city in less than 30 min. Are you coming here with the family? Do you need good schools? Hoboken is a nice town, right accross the river from the city. Schools are pretty bad but otherwise it has become very family-oriented in the past couple of years.

I would advise you not to live too far from the city. Oftentimes, you'll have to stay in school late and you don't want your commute to be too long. Also, some classes start pretty early and you wouldn't want to get up at 5 am to go school.

Check out Brooklyn and Queens. They might be good options for you.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
This is a city comparsion website. I doubt it's very accurate but it's fun to see how your city rates up against others. I was shocked to find that Orlando has more violent crimes than almost every city in NJ - it's even with Newark, which is fair since most others were about half the size of Orlando or smaller. Who knew Mickey Mouse was so violent?

Moderator cut: link removed

Last edited by Yac; 12-04-2007 at 02:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey