Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:41 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Hal Jalikeakick IMO, that's a pretty white trash move. You can rinse a kid off just fine without having them be naked in public. Plus everyone has a camera these days. Who knows what kind of perv might be lurking.
and that statement is outlandish...we were raised by parents who took us to the shore every weekend, years ago, and they did the very same thing, to call people white trash, is not only insulting, but way above and beyond the norm.

Quote:
I'll agree that having the police involved is over-reacting.
then why call people white trash for wanting to get the sand out of a babies diaper? Do you have any idea how they scratches their fair skin?

Quote:
It's not a big rental town, most homes are summer homes, and some primary residences. Spring Lake doesn't want to become a Belmar or even a Point Pleasant, which is why they probably do react, or over react with ordinances of this sort.
this is NOT what is ruining Pt. Pleasant or Belmar and you know exactly what I mean...has nothing to do with what is ruining Pt. Pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I really don't think it's that big of a deal as you make it seem (the reaction, that is). People should change their babies in private, there's no need to strip them right out in front of others just because they're so young. You can rinse your kids to get sand off of them at a beach shower, but give them a full shower and diaper change back at the rented house. This is what I would do.
Hi Jersey,
well, yes, that is what you would do, however, seems like today, so many people are way to freakin touchy about things that are not real issues...if my child had a messy diaper, I wouldn't think twice but to change the diaper somewhere as soon as practically possible. But I don't think that is the case here, I believe, and I'm simply assuming, they wanted to get the wet diaper off and put a dry one on.

We agree to disagee....
I'm not the one making a big deal out of this...due to the ordinance, legally the police told them they could be arrested, which is so freakin silly. then how come it is ok to breast feed in public.

Sorry, but the people who developed this stupid ordinance ought to get involved in some real issues....and maybe that is the entire mentality today, people do not know how to fix the real issues looming today, so they think up silly stuff like this to make themselves feel like they accomplished something? I dunno?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Sorry, but the reporter is way off base here.

First, this isn't the 1960's when it was pretty common to do this with kids. No different than if two kids were playing cowboys and indians. It's just not acceptable anymore.

Good, bad or indifferent the world has changed. Unfort, all it would have taken a split second for someone to get a cell phone pic of the kids in the buff. And what would Jeff say if that made the news.

Sorry Jeff, but wake up. It's 2013 and not 1963.
talk about taking our freedoms away, it's not anyone's call but the parents to decide what is right and wrong in this case? Camaro, that is the whole problem with the world today...
years ago, maybe people would feel the same way you do, but they wouldn't FORCE they're beliefs on others....we all own our own cultures. You people want to be so touchy about something like this, however, for years now, when a kid is molested by an adult, everyone shuts up...no one marches or trys to invent new laws to help those children by putting a child molester away for good. All of a sudden, no one wants to say a word against child molestation? But something like this is a huge issue?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Eh, the line is subjective. A few years ago a woman and her family at North Beach in Sandy Hook took off their bathing suits at the showers. Granted she was European, but the kids nearby who were in the marine science summer camp almost had their eyes fall out.

Besides, those shower drains usually don't go into the sewer, or least didn't used to, and a kid in diapers having an "accident" in the shower can do some pretty horrible things to surrounding water and wildlife.

Is it silly for the beach supervisor to call the police? Sure. Was it silly for the reporter to compare Spring Lake to nazi Germany? Yes to that as well.
nobody said the kid in the shower had an accident, did they? they merely wanted to get the sand out of their butts? The diapers were wet from the water?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, it sounds like it was the ONE guy--no reason to paste a label on an entire town for it. I'm sure babies are not what people had in mind when the ordinance was adopted. And it gave a writer something to write about. He didn't get a ticket, he's not going to jail, blah blah blah.

I'm wondering, too, if it really wasn't that the babies were naked but that they were taking off dirty diapers in the same area where other people have to shower. That's not nice.

Anyway, folks, one of the best tips anyone ever gave me when my daughter was a baby was to bring along a container of baby powder to the beach. Sprinkle it on a sandy kid, and the sand brushes right off.
Mighty Queen, why is every one assuming? The idea of the ordanance is purely about nakedness....they were taking a wet diaper off the kids...and washing the sand out of their butts, I just don't get why everyone is now assuming it was a #2 diaper, where did it say that in the article.

The entire issue was nothing more then the ordanance against nakedness....? Sure, you don't want an adult taking off her suit....however, kids in diapers, how idiotic?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 AM

thanks all for your feedback and views....ya'll get reps....

Old 07-11-2013, 06:15 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Default ...and washing the sand out of their butts, I just don't get why everyone is now assuming it was a #2 diaper

Is there any evidence that it was only sand and not a big load?

Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Is there any evidence that it was only sand and not a big load?
is there any evidence there was?

and by the way, so what if there was...you mean to tell me, your going to get all uptight about a parent who changes a baby's diaper #2 in public...ok, well, wait, lets wait for a few hours until we arrive back home, or at our rental, until we change the diaper, so we don't offend anyone, rather, give the baby a real good rash or stink or soreness from poop laying against that child's skin?

I mean, really? Seriously?

One time my grand daughter had a big load, and we stopped the car, and changed her right then and there....sometimes you don't have a choice, maybe before leaving the boardwalk the parents wanted to get something to eat, and didn't want their kids to sit in a wet diaper. If they are anything like I was, I changed my kids diaper all the time...constantly, b/c he got diaper rash quickly...sensitive skin....
but hey, let the kid get a rash b/c someone was offended by a #2?

so, if it was, a #2 diaper, get over it....it's a child who is unable to go by him/herself, and needs help in hygene, you should be commending the parents for doing so....

and by the way, I remember how much sand my son used to get in his suit...they used to bury each other, sit in the water, and have the sand to in his suit, that freakin hurts.

But hey, so many big people were offended by some little kids, tiny weaner, or number 2.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:38 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,726,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
nobody said the kid in the shower had an accident, did they? they merely wanted to get the sand out of their butts? The diapers were wet from the water?
Maybe you are unaware but the reason most kids wear diapers is because it is unpredictable when they are going to defecate. So it is entirely possible once they were in the shower they could have THEN had an accident. Which may or may not have been part of the beach supervisors concern.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Maybe you are unaware but the reason most kids wear diapers is because it is unpredictable when they are going to defecate. So it is entirely possible once they were in the shower they could have THEN had an accident. Which may or may not have been part of the beach supervisors concern.
Oh please, your making this stuff up
the reason the police were called is...b/c there is a nudity ordinance, and it offended some people to see little kids nude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey