Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:02 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,747,317 times
IMO, the police probably wouldn't have been called if the only child that was naked was the 2-year old toddler. Since no diaper was involved with a 4-year old, I would have used a little more discretion and just rinsed off the sand holding the suit out, away from the child's body. It's not that difficult.

I guess Spring Lake will have to come up with a new ordinance to include an age limit where it's okay to be naked when being rinsed off in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 07:22 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,921 times
The bottom line is that discretion is a completely foreign concept to some people. As soon a someone takes offense to naked children or a mother with her bare breast out feeding a child at dinner table at a public restaurant that person is labeled as a prude or a "nazi". It's ridiculous. Just because it is not offensive behavior to you doesn't mean it isn't offensive, or at the very least uncomfortable, for someone else. If you want to rinse your kid off in public fine, hold up a towel. If you want to breast feed in public great, do it under your shirt or some other form of cover.

I personally don't have a problem with doing either out in the open but I certainly would not judge others if they were offended by these actions. People's complete lack of discretion or consideration for anyone's views other than their own is why we have to have these silly rules in the first place.

Last edited by Goldendoodle1969; 07-11-2013 at 07:39 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 07:41 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
anyone go in the ocean this weekend? water was freezing. my daughter would have to pee and she would walk until her feet touched the water and spread her legs and pee. then lower her butt to the water for a rinse. it was hilarious. its ok as long as its my kid. you other people better send your kids to the water until waist high in it!
it was insanely cold - anywhere between 56 and 63. LBI was pretty chilly the entire weekend. I had to go to a tournament a few miles inland and I thought I was going to die of heat stroke.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:46 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times
Spring Lake to Pt. Pleasant is about five miles away.

I wonder how many change diapers and leave to old one behind?

So it sounds like these people were informed of the ordinance. Big deal. Yet the headline reads "ALMOST Got Arrested". Once again the sad state of media reporting is seen.

I "Almost Hit The Lottery" except I only had one out of six numbers.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 AM

265 posts, read 597,496 times
The leap from what find objectionable to the round-up and wide-spread execution of innocent people is uncalled for.

I got a paper cut last week... it was like being diagnosed with stage four cancer!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:42 AM

4 posts, read 4,639 times
The story sounds exaggerated for sure (“You can’t do that. Spring Lake is not that kind of place"), but the beach staff are giant entitled *******s. I'm a lifetime resident, and we had to actually go to court against the town due to a disagreement with beach staff over me wearing my badge. That said, I have good friends who are cops down here, and they don't want to waste their time with this kind of bull**** either, but they are well-paid to do so, so they must oblige. Either way, if you are told that it's a law/ordinance, you should adhere. Don't try to have some protest over your kids sandy ass, just follow the rules.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:42 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.mensch View Post
The leap from what find objectionable to the round-up and wide-spread execution of innocent people is uncalled for.

I got a paper cut last week... it was like being diagnosed with stage four cancer!
itsn't it amazing, how the smallest things are so scrutinized, and yet the real issues at hand are not addressed?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Bay Head beach is the same way. The hawty, tawdy want to keep the trash out or send them to Seaside or PPB.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 AM

146 posts, read 626,097 times
Not sure about this particular story, but it is well known that SL is heavy handed with tickets (and the residents with "calls") for certain unwanted types - and that's a pretty broad range by the town's off the record standards.

Thing is they are trying to recover post Sand and now charging $10 for a beach pass with an unfinished boardwalk in parts plus the same old practices of wanting no "outsiders" of any sorts......so good luck with that!

Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Jalikeakick View Post
IMO, that's a pretty white trash move. You can rinse a kid off just fine without having them be naked in public. Plus everyone has a camera these days. Who knows what kind of perv might be lurking.
I'll agree that having the police involved is over-reacting.

It's not a big rental town, most homes are summer homes, and some primary residences. Spring Lake doesn't want to become a Belmar or even a Point Pleasant, which is why they probably do react, or over react with ordinances of this sort.

And to add, rinsed off a toddler is one thing but to change a kids diaper that may be soiled in public is just gross, that is why they have rest rooms with changing tables
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey