Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 11,888 times

Advertisements

So, on the first day of my 6 hours, my instructor made me drive to Motor Vehicles, which took about an hour and he told me if there was no line or a short line, I'd go and take the vision test since that was required anyway. Even with my glasses, I failed it, because of a condition I have as a result of my lupus, or so my eye doctor says. But, the only box I couldn't see was the left one, because my left eye is considerably worse than my right eye. So when I went to my eye doctor's, he told me that I didn't have to take the eye exam because of that condition. I haven't seen my driving teacher yet, but over the phone he said I had to take the exam again, even though my doctor said I didn't have to. I guess meeting my teacher will finalize things, but I was wondering if it is considered a pass as long as you have at least one eye that can see the letters. That's what I read when I searched the requirement and stuff. "In order to pass the vision test, you must have 20/50 visual acuity in at least one eye with or without corrective lenses." I can see the letters for the middle and last box, but the person never even gave me the chance to read the other boxes and just said I failed after pushing me to read the first box, even though I told her multiple times I couldn't. Did I just comprehend "In order to pass the vision test, you must have 20/50 visual acuity in at least one eye with or without corrective lenses" this wrong? or was I supposed to just keep reading from what I could see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,659,967 times
Quote:

In order to pass the vision test, you must have 20/50 visual acuity in at least one eye with or without corrective lenses.

If you pass the test using corrective lenses, you will have a restriction on your license indicating that you must wear these corrective lenses while behind-the-wheel.

If you fail the test, you will have to visit your doctor and complete Form ST-14 Vision Test Release Form .
Your eye doctor should have the form certifying your vision meets the state's requirements. Just be aware that your vision restrictions will affect your peripheral vision when driving.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 11,888 times
Well I went to him and he filled it out and told me that I didn't have to take the vision test again. Thing is the person kept making me read from the first box(left eye) and wouldn't let me read from the second or third box, so she couldn't even tell if I could read with my right eye or not.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahkiwi View Post
So, on the first day of my 6 hours, my instructor made me drive to Motor Vehicles, which took about an hour and he told me if there was no line or a short line, I'd go and take the vision test since that was required anyway. Even with my glasses, I failed it, because of a condition I have as a result of my lupus, or so my eye doctor says. But, the only box I couldn't see was the left one, because my left eye is considerably worse than my right eye. So when I went to my eye doctor's, he told me that I didn't have to take the eye exam because of that condition. I haven't seen my driving teacher yet, but over the phone he said I had to take the exam again, even though my doctor said I didn't have to. I guess meeting my teacher will finalize things, but I was wondering if it is considered a pass as long as you have at least one eye that can see the letters. That's what I read when I searched the requirement and stuff. "In order to pass the vision test, you must have 20/50 visual acuity in at least one eye with or without corrective lenses." I can see the letters for the middle and last box, but the person never even gave me the chance to read the other boxes and just said I failed after pushing me to read the first box, even though I told her multiple times I couldn't. Did I just comprehend "In order to pass the vision test, you must have 20/50 visual acuity in at least one eye with or without corrective lenses" this wrong? or was I supposed to just keep reading from what I could see?
Hi,
I am also facing the same issue? Did u got your license?

Old 12-18-2023, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,434 times
I am also facing the same issue. I have a one lazy eye from birth and one eye is absolutely fine with all vision requirements. Any optometrist recommended who can give me this release form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey