Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,334 times

Advertisements

"rules should be same for all the people"
i have valid indian licence with seal and signature of Indian government .i went for the writtern test with all necessary documents.they checked and said i cannot get the licence because my indian licence is laminated.all others gone to same office with valid laminated indain licence got through.
if they have any doubt they should enquire
simply neglecting my licence with stupid excuses is not fair.

i am in this country legally.i should get all legal rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 AM

222 posts, read 1,026,053 times
You are surprised that you got the run-around from the MVC (formerly DMV)? Welcome to my America my friend. Please enjoy your stay.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:03 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,490 times
Just goes to show -you are really one of us now. Good times.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:23 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times
LOL I was at the DMV yesterday getting my new license and everyone gets the run around...don't consider yourself a special case!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM

191 posts, read 900,881 times
yep, its only the illegal immigrants that get the special privileges!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:07 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
You are surprised that you got the run-around from the MVC (formerly DMV)? Welcome to my America my friend. Please enjoy your stay.
Whats MVC stand for?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:14 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,862,267 times
motor vehicle commission.

The MVC DMV whatever is very backwards. Their rules are strict but not consistent or necessarily logical. There are lots of loop holes. Now, NJ drivers licenses are laminated, or at least the old ones were, which makes the way your were treated particularly hypocritical. How many DMV workers know what an Indian DL looks like, and whether or not it is laminated from the office, or you went and did it yourself. Unless it is like our SS cards, which say DO NOT LAMINATE on them.
On a similar note, For the US citizens : I know it says don't laminate your SS card, but REALLY don't do it.

I would just keep going to the same office, OR try a different office.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:12 PM

56 posts, read 250,215 times
MV sent me home to get my birth cert. when I already had my total points of id, including marriage license. Woman there merrily told me, "Oh you don;t need to bring back your marriage license, just go get your birth certificate. I went home seething and came back..and she looked at me blankly and said "I need your birth cert too." Luckily, I knew these people were nuts so I kept it in my purse and brought it back too. Welcome to NJ..it really does suck sometimes and it isn't just you.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,340 times
I so love MV stories here in NJ!!! I was sent home because they said my birth cert. was to old!! I am only 50, there was not a thing wrong with it..but I paid the money to get a new one!! My mom was not born in a hospital, so she did not have an offical birth cert. what we went through to get her a drivers license.....

Old 11-09-2007, 03:51 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird07 View Post
"rules should be same for all the people"
i have valid indian licence with seal and signature of Indian government .i went for the writtern test with all necessary documents.they checked and said i cannot get the licence because my indian licence is laminated.all others gone to same office with valid laminated indain licence got through.
if they have any doubt they should enquire
simply neglecting my licence with stupid excuses is not fair.

i am in this country legally.i should get all legal rights.
What do you suggest, have the NJ MVC call India and ask if they can vouch for you. If it is a rule that a laminated document can not be used as verifiable identification then so be it. What you should have been complaining about is that the others were allowed to use laminated documents as I.D. Maybe you actually caught a MVC employee on a good day actually doing their job, by refusing to accept you license. I'm born and raised in this country (58 years) and still have problems on occasion at the MVC so don't feel so bad, consider yourself part of the group. As one of the other posters said "welcome to New Jersey" There don't you feel better now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey