U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 03:10 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,212,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
ill let you choose what you want to call me, its not important to me. i just noticed that you are calling multiple people "contrarian" now so i felt like you may have recently learned the word and wish to use it. some people do a "word of the day" thing and maybe "contrarian" was your word of the day.

possibly you tend to encounter a lot of people that you consider contrarian but the reality is that you are wrong a lot and they are right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
Rate this post positively

Old 11-12-2014, 04:55 PM

2,099 posts, read 3,239,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
It is the first time I responded to your silly posts Miss Sensitive. I'm guessing you couldn't hack your top rated high school because you were so coddled by mommy. Maybe you should have taken AP laundry. Then you would have been ready for the real world.
How about a link.
Couldn't hack? I went to a top college in CA you little b*tch. What the hell do you do except troll people?

Old 11-12-2014, 07:21 PM

31,774 posts, read 36,823,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Couldn't hack? I went to a top college in CA you little b*tch. What the hell do you do except troll people?
what college? what degree did you earn and what major? what was your gpa?

Old 11-12-2014, 08:02 PM

12,899 posts, read 12,489,451 times
How very pleasant is FF as per usual. Hijacking threads and spewing bitterness since... well, pretty sure well before I joined.

I eagerly await your energetic, pathetic, expletive filled response (and by eagerly await I mean I am not coming back to read it because there is no use and we all know it).

Old 11-12-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
How very pleasant is FF as per usual. Hijacking threads and spewing bitterness since... well, pretty sure well before I joined.

I eagerly await your energetic, pathetic, expletive filled response (and by eagerly await I mean I am not coming back to read it because there is no use and we all know it).
JerseyTrashGirl415,

In your last reply, you were bragging about how great your high school performance was -- yet you ended up at a school in Staten Island. Last time I checked, there are no exceptional (or even remotely respected) colleges there, but just barely accredited schools at best. So it seems like your high school experience was a total waste .

But hey! Jersey public schools are the best no question right?

Old 11-13-2014, 12:02 AM

3,244 posts, read 4,868,742 times
Quote:
how many successful people are there who went to HS in NJ and moved out of state and don't a s*** about NJ school rankings or giving back to their high school? I'm wagering A LOT.
Unfortunately, NJ gets the occasional LA flake in return ...
Quote:
I went to a top college in CA you little b*tch.
Charm school, as well, I see.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:47 AM

219 posts, read 339,775 times
While going to a highly-rated high school doesn't necessarily increase your odds of getting into an Ivy, it does in a way set a higher floor if the student doesn't do well. I personally think that's the most important thing because, let's be honest, we all like to think our kids will be, at the worst, top of their class at a mediocre school, or mediocre at a top school. But there IS a distinct possibility they'll be well below average at ANY school.

For instance, I graduated from Stuyvesant HS, one of the top high schools in the country. I consider myself to be relatively intelligent - I was ranked in the top 10% entering as a freshman, but probably ended up in the bottom 10% at graduation. I honestly believe if I were at any other HS, I probably would've attended a very low-ranked college (or even community college), or perhaps not even graduated at all.

The prestige of Stuyvesant, along with the relative lack of "bad" influences around me, helped me to (barely) graduate and get accepted to a decent, respectable university. I've had friends in the HS that I was zoned for (had I not gotten into Stuy) not graduate, get into serious trouble (several ended up at Rikers), and just not succeed in life any way you look at it. I could've easily been one of those kids, regardless of how smart I was. Social environment and peer pressure have a tremendous impact on kids, and I think parents consistently underrate the effects.

That's what I mean by a higher floor - the kids/peers who attend the better schools are not AS bad, the education IS better (teachers care more, more advanced classes to choose from), and the school name recognition is there to fall back on when there's nothing else. At Stuy, there was actually peer pressure to do well and get into a good school. The pressure was so high, in fact, that cheating became rampant, but that's a discussion for another day. But that type of pressure is still preferable to the alternative (ie. gangs, drugs, cutting class, bullying).

Last edited by jpf723; 11-13-2014 at 09:56 AM..

Old 11-13-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Unfortunately, NJ gets the occasional LA flake in return ...
Well, well, well. Look who it is? The big NJ apologist.

Unfortunately, you're just a big a*sshole.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:29 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,320,373 times
Quote:

Top of his class!

Old 11-13-2014, 01:07 PM

31,774 posts, read 36,823,149 times
Quote:
he failed to answer any questions i asked regarding his education. i would never ask such questions but he is the one that felt the need to qualify his input with his educational achievements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey