Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:12 PM

690 posts, read 964,113 times

Advertisements

What makes Christie so great that Buono is losing by so much? I don't know about her, but Christie is kinda ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 10:01 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
What makes Christie so great that Buono is losing by so much? I don't know about her, but Christie is kinda ignorant.

Maybe you should ask Christie to help you with your beach quest.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:32 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Any of Ms. Buono's speeches about "helping middle class taxpayers" are just so much BS imo.

She's been part of NJ's legislative apparatus since 1994 (Assembly and Senate)

What will she do as Governor that she couldn't accomplish as a legislator when it comes to "helping middle class taxpayers".

I couldn't find anything she championed in that regard.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 PM

690 posts, read 964,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Any of Ms. Buono's speeches about "helping middle class taxpayers" are just so much BS imo.

She's been part of NJ's legislative apparatus since 1994 (Assembly and Senate)

What will she do as Governor that she couldn't accomplish as a legislator when it comes to "helping middle class taxpayers".

I couldn't find anything she championed in that regard.
o ok
well, is christie lesser of two evils then? i'm really asking cuz not familiar with politics here too much
he says some real sh1t sometimes, but i feel like he's corrupt and only puts on that "tough NJ tawk" to get votes

Old 07-29-2013, 11:07 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
I had much higher hopes with Christie with things like property tax reform, more equitable tax re-distribution to all localities, dismantling of the Abbott School boondoggle and the like. Although Christie provided a modest start with runaway, sky's- the-limit tax hikes he and the legislators need to do much more.

Based upon her brief campaign snippets I sense that Buono will primarily concern herself with things like more gun controls on law abiding gun owners, assailing "the rich", gay marriage and rubber stamping tax and fee hikes.

Again, she's been part of the lawmaking process since '94 and I don't see anything meaningful to ALL NJ'ians that has come from her camp.

Maybe she's has a secret plan for us that she's been waiting to present if she makes it to Drumthwacket.

As far as Christie's manner - I always thought NJ'ians took great pride in their having a bit of an attitude. Why go soft and sensitive when it's their Governor?

All I want is results, the primary result being more money in my family's pockets to spend and give away as they see fit.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:34 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
There is never going to be big change unless Christie can get what he wants done passed through the legislature. Same thing on the national level. Political gridlock rules the day.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:43 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
There is never going to be big change unless Christie can get what he wants done passed through the legislature. Same thing on the national level. Political gridlock rules the day.
I still haven't really figured out what it is that Christie wants done.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:42 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
I still haven't really figured out what it is that Christie wants done.
Surely you are not that naïve.
What he wants to do is to polish his image sufficiently so that he can move on to the national stage, which is his ultimate goal.
Like all politicians, he is in it for his own glorification/aggrandizement/ego-building--no more, no less. And, if he is able to help his friends and financial supporters along the way, all the better.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Surely you are not that naïve.
What he wants to do is to polish his image sufficiently so that he can move on to the national stage, which is his ultimate goal.
Like all politicians, he is in it for his own glorification/aggrandizement/ego-building--no more, no less. And, if he is able to help his friends and financial supporters along the way, all the better.

well, i assumed manderly was refering to what he wanted done in the state of NJ. that's what I haven't figured out. we were supposed to find out after he got elected.

many signs point to your conclusion though!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,588,795 times
Maybe we will be saved. Maybe our beloved brother Al Sharpalatoni will put on his cape and fly over us,,,,rescue us all,,,,while we sing Al Sharpton to the rescue,,,,Al Sharpton to the rescue!!!!

Unless of course he starts something racial
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey