U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 9,216 times

Advertisements

I'm working in Soho on Lafayette between Prince and Houston and moving to Roselle Park next month.

Does anyone commute from Roselle Park? Am I better off taking NJ Transit to Penn Station NY, or since I need to switch trains in Newark, would I be better off taking the Path to World Trade Center?

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 07:41 PM

10,069 posts, read 17,643,748 times
The time isn't much different. Personally I find NJT much more pleasant than PATH, so I'd probably take NJT.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 PM

5,704 posts, read 15,351,503 times
The real answer depends on is Laffalot St between prince & Houston walkable from either the Christopher St PATH station or the WTC PATH station.
Taking NJT all the way up to 34th involves going uptown a bit out of your way.

Another option might be NJT from Ro park to Newark then PATH downtown direct to WTC and another NYC subway to Laffalot.

Taking the uptown PATH of course means switching at Journal Square but maybe you could hike it from Cristopher St then?

Old 08-04-2013, 10:03 PM

12,899 posts, read 12,693,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmooney View Post
I'm working in Soho on Lafayette between Prince and Houston and moving to Roselle Park next month.

Does anyone commute from Roselle Park? Am I better off taking NJ Transit to Penn Station NY, or since I need to switch trains in Newark, would I be better off taking the Path to World Trade Center?

Thanks
You could also drive to a nearby city, like Linden or one of the 2 Elizabeth stations on the Northeast Corridor NJ Transit Line, park there and take the train into NY Penn. This is what we do. I live in Cranford, on the Raritan Valley Line with no direct access to NY Penn, so I go to Linden (10 min drive), park there, and take that train line right to the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>