Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 10:38 AM
lid lid started this thread

10 posts, read 14,874 times

Advertisements

Where are you coming from? Shore
Why are you moving? Work
Where will you be working? Basking Ridge / Hamilton

Will you buy or rent? Rent
What is your budget ? $1,300-1,600
What kind of place are you looking for ? 1 BR

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? Spouse
Do you need/want good public schools? N/A

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in- Young, Safe, Artsy

List three things that are important to you in order of importance- value (best bang/buck), train, community

Currently looking for an apartment in New Brunswick. Reason being, I commute south and my partner commutes north, (Basking Ridge). In addition, the train station would allow me to have a shortened commute. After taking a visit this weekend, it has the downtown area/profession feel we want. I have read some previous threads, and gathered some great suggestions thus far.

Can anyone offer any input on the following apartments:
RiverWatch
SkyLine (and alternatives to the $150/month parking garage)
Colony House

Can anyone offer any input on any other apartments nearby that meets our wish list:
Budget: $1,300-1,600/month
Close to train station (or offers shuttle)
Near downtown
Very few college students.

Apartments we ruled out:
Vue
One
George
Riverside

Thank you!

Last edited by lid; 08-05-2013 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 10:56 PM

19 posts, read 40,999 times
Check out ParkTowne apartments in Highland Park.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:12 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,454,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lid View Post
Where are you coming from? Shore
Why are you moving? Work
Where will you be working? Basking Ridge / Hamilton

Will you buy or rent? Rent
What is your budget ? $1,300-1,600
What kind of place are you looking for ? 1 BR

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? Spouse
Do you need/want good public schools? N/A

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in- Young, Safe, Artsy

List three things that are important to you in order of importance- value (best bang/buck), train, community

Currently looking for an apartment in New Brunswick. Reason being, I commute south and my partner commutes north, (Basking Ridge). In addition, the train station would allow me to have a shortened commute. After taking a visit this weekend, it has the downtown area/profession feel we want. I have read some previous threads, and gathered some great suggestions thus far.

Can anyone offer any input on the following apartments:
RiverWatch
SkyLine (and alternatives to the $150/month parking garage)
Colony House

Can anyone offer any input on any other apartments nearby that meets our wish list:
Budget: $1,300-1,600/month
Close to train station (or offers shuttle)
Near downtown
Very few college students.

Apartments we ruled out:
Vue
One
George
Riverside

Thank you!
I'd also recommend avoiding downtown NB, mostly due to all the college kids and frat parties that seem so prevalent in the area. Highland Park is a great alternative. Literally a short walk (about 5 min) from downtown HP to the train station in NB, so you would have easy access to all NB has to offer. HP is a wonderful safe and sane community. There are some students in the rental housing, but they usually are grad students or med students, so are pretty quiet. (no worries about raging keggers 2 or 3 times a week) Parking is also not an issue in HP. Would also give you easy access to your work locations both north and south.

KoalaNJ

Old 08-06-2013, 06:36 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,360 times
try franklin greens in Somerset, the rent is extremely reasonable, its 5 minutes down easton ave to the trains/downtown and its largely void of college kids

Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 AM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,143 times
With that budget within New Brunswick, your best bet would probably be in Riverwatch or Plaza Square. If you up your budget to $1800-$1900 you can get into one of the highrises like The Vue, The George, The One, or The Heldrich. You can find all the information you require below:

New Brunswick Apartments - Rent Apartments in New Brunswick, NJ

Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 PM

Thank you for all the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antztein View Post
Check out ParkTowne apartments in Highland Park.
Drove through ParkTowne apartments , looking for something a little bit nicer. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
I'd also recommend avoiding downtown NB, mostly due to all the college kids and frat parties that seem so prevalent in the area. Highland Park is a great alternative. Literally a short walk (about 5 min) from downtown HP to the train station in NB, so you would have easy access to all NB has to offer. HP is a wonderful safe and sane community. There are some students in the rental housing, but they usually are grad students or med students, so are pretty quiet. (no worries about raging keggers 2 or 3 times a week) Parking is also not an issue in HP. Would also give you easy access to your work locations both north and south.

KoalaNJ
Any HP suggestions that would be similar to The Colony House, SkyLine, or RiverWater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
With that budget within New Brunswick, your best bet would probably be in Riverwatch or Plaza Square. If you up your budget to $1800-$1900 you can get into one of the highrises like The Vue, The George, The One, or The Heldrich. You can find all the information you require below:

New Brunswick Apartments - Rent Apartments in New Brunswick, NJ
Ruled out Plaza Square based on out of budget.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:44 PM

19 posts, read 40,999 times
ParkTowne are probably the best in HP. I suggested it because you could walk to the train station from there and HP is very safe. You can check out Fairway apartments in Piscataway/Edison, they are recently built and have a shuttle to Edison Train Station. Not sure if they have started renting the apartments yet.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. ParkTowne based on driving through and reviews, looked a little rough.

I will call today to see if Fairway does rentals.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:51 PM

Any other suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey