Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,125 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
I am a newly wed looking for a place in NY or Northern NJ to start looking for a home. I am moving from Hoboken-- and just need some more space.

Here's my wish list:

- within an hour train ride of nyc-- NO TRANSFERS in secaucus, newark or hoboken
- Price range - $500- $700
- no buses
- nice neighborhood - but no kids (yet) so schools aren't a huge issue

does such a place exsist? Please recommend if you know of somewhere...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 08:23 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,447,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtristate View Post
Hi there,
I am a newly wed looking for a place in NY or Northern NJ to start looking for a home. I am moving from Hoboken-- and just need some more space.

Here's my wish list:

- within an hour train ride of nyc-- NO TRANSFERS in secaucus, newark or hoboken
- Price range - $500- $700
- no buses
- nice neighborhood - but no kids (yet) so schools aren't a huge issue

does such a place exsist? Please recommend if you know of somewhere...
Don't know too much about northern jersey but we have a few towns in central jersey that would fit your needs

Old 11-12-2007, 08:30 PM

85 posts, read 304,350 times
Every train in Bergen County demands a transfer in Secaucus to arrive in Penn Station in approximately 60 minutes. However, Morris County is served by a line (Montclair-Boonton) which offers direct service into Penn Station. Towns that offer train service are: Mount Olive, Lake Hopatcong, Dover (not the greatest place to live in my opinion), Denville, Mountain Lakes, Boonton, Towaco (Montville), Lincoln Park. Go to New Jersey Transit - Home to investigate yourself as I believe there is one other train line that services these towns into Manhattan, but the exact line escapes me.

On another note...Wow, do I miss Hoboken...and especially the margaritas at East LA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey