Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 AM

26 posts, read 43,934 times

Advertisements

Looking for a full time, non-religious program that is close to Exit 30 off 287, or along Rt. 78.

Personal experience recs are preferred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,436,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartRutgers View Post
Looking for a full time, non-religious program that is close to Exit 30 off 287, or along Rt. 78.

Personal experience recs are preferred.

I have a friend who used Mendham Country Day School, for their kids from infancy through Kindergarten and were very pleased. Mendham Country Day School :: Home They are located on 202 just a block from the N. Maple Ave exit of 287, it is a very easy and quick on/off from 287. I have also heard good things about the infant and pre school programs at the Somerset Hills Y, which is located one exit south on 287. There are also back roads you can take between the N Maple Rd exit on 287 and the Y on Mt Airy Rd to avoid the 287 congestion) Somerset Hills YMCA | health, wellness, childcare, swim, sports, camp - CHILD CARE

HTH
KoalaNJ

Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 PM

200 posts, read 553,237 times
It depends on how old your child is. Whether a preschool with before and after care, or a day care that accommodates infants?

I was just informed today that Treehouse in Basking Ridge is full (ages 2-preK), but I hear good things about the Palmer School in Bernardsville, which is 5 mins from the exit. They also take infants full time. The YMCA has a well known program that a lot of people use for infants and toddlers.

There are more preschools, but as I said, I'm not sure how old your child is.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:04 AM

26 posts, read 43,934 times
She is preschool aged. We need full time care until 6 PM or later.

Thanks everyone.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM

200 posts, read 553,237 times
Try The Palmer School in Bernardsville - I think they go year round too, unlike some that take summer vacation.

A lot of the preschools are affiliated with churches as they tend to be housed in the basement or somewhere on the property. Some of the better preschools do have some type of religion, although very little I hear. Treehouse in Basking Ridge was one that did not, but I heard that was full - you could try though to be sure. Its a great preschool.

Another that I am not sure about is Sunshine preschool. Have heard great things about its summer program though.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey