Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,024,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
You are partly correct. The region between routes 1 and 130 consists of newer Car centric suburban developments. However, the region near route 27 depends primarily on transit oriented developments near the bus station. I would advise you to check out the area around New Road, which is very much a walkable area. Only problem is that there is no real downtown.

However, Princeton is only a short drive (or) bus ride away if you want to enjoy a historic and walkable downtown, but the costs of owning a house in Princeton are Exorbitant. Hence, I mentioned South Brunswick as an option for the poster.
I lived in the area for 15 years. No walkable downtown and walkable areas have nothing of interest to see anyway. It's not what the OP was looking for. Not a bad town by any means but you can't recommend it to everyone just because.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmaine View Post
Young family in search for a safe, family friendly town in north or central NJ. No flood zone areas with a somewhat walkable downtown with lots of shops and restaurants. Suburban type community but with a downtown area. Great schools are a must. Trains or Nj transit within or near by city would be great too. Looking for a single family home w 4 beds and 2 baths with average 330-375,000 but hoping to not go over 350 with a decent property tax under 9 grand. Hubby works all around north/central nj but office is in jersey city. New to NJ and could use a LOT of suggestions and advice. Thank you in advance!
Hi Sharmaine,

My husband and I just started looking to buy out in NJ too. Our max price is a little higher but want all the same things you were looking for (4 br, 2 ~2 & 1/2 bath) single family home with a little property, great schools, walkable downtown area, parks and recreation for families. (we don't need to be close to a train but close to a highway would cut down hubby's commute to NYC) We were wondering if you found a home yet and if so where?

Thanks, Jules

Old 06-07-2014, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,016 times
Does Kendal Park have a down town area?
I like Cranbury, but the housing options are limited.
Looking for a nice smaller town in central Jersey, half way between the northern shore towns (Deal, Long Branch) and Trenton, with a nice walking down town area. Newtown PA is perfect, but an hour commute for spouse.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:01 AM

1,450 posts, read 3,453,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase515 View Post
Looking for a nice smaller town in central Jersey, half way between the northern shore towns (Deal, Long Branch) and Trenton, with a nice walking down town area. Newtown PA is perfect, but an hour commute for spouse.

I strongly suggest if you are seeking recommendations that you start a new thread, and not tag onto the bottom end of a year old thread seeking info on an unrelated topic.

KoalaNJ

Last edited by KoalaNJ; 06-07-2014 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-09-2014, 11:17 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpile View Post
It will in Cranford.
It will not in Cranford (especially for a 4 bedroom), which also has significant flood zones (and yes I live here, I am a lifelong resident).

Old 06-09-2014, 06:11 PM

901 posts, read 2,247,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase515 View Post
Hightstown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey