Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 08:19 PM

11 posts, read 16,805 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I am hoping I can get some suggestions where to live in NJ with a set of teenagers. They will be in high school by the time of my move to the states. I am looking for a relatively low crime area with a good school system. We hope to move by the Spring semester. I am considering Mahwah NJ or Oakland NJ. What can you suggest?
Thanks
Liltykesmom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 09:29 PM

696 posts, read 906,855 times
Where will you be commuting/working? Rent or Buy? Budget? Mahwah's school system is (per my sister in law whose children attended) is meh at best.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltykesmom View Post
Hello everyone, I am hoping I can get some suggestions where to live in NJ with a set of teenagers. They will be in high school by the time of my move to the states. I am looking for a relatively low crime area with a good school system. We hope to move by the Spring semester. I am considering Mahwah NJ or Oakland NJ. What can you suggest?
Thanks
Liltykesmom
See the sticky and complete the rest of the information so people can give you good recs.

Both towns are solid suburbia with good schools. Would also consider Wyckoff, Allendale & Waldwick in that area.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:44 PM

512 posts, read 1,018,462 times
If your renting it makes sense to look for towns geared towards teens but other wise no. Teens dont stay teens for long and then you just stuck in a town that doesnt fit your needs. Try looking for a place where you can live for more than 4 years if you intend on owning. It will be worth it in the end. BTW teens like to get out and go around. A suburban town thats walkable will fit their and your needs better than somewhere your family will have to drive everywhere. towns that are walkable with village centers, safe, good school districts, and possibly mass transit to the city will be more expensive than places newly built far from the city but it will be worth it in the end.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,018 times
Go to Madison or Chatam in Morris County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey