Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 PM

7 posts, read 13,951 times

Advertisements

HI All,
I am looking for rental apartments around jersey city mainly will be travelling to NY for my job and 1BR good apartment under $1800 also i dont want to go to jersey city downtown i dont feel its that safe ..I have seen beacon though the apartment looks good but other than that everything looks suspicious to me..
so please advice someone if there is any good apartment around under my budget near path station
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 05:15 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Downtown Jersey City is the safest area of Jersey City. The Beacon is not in Downtown Jersey City.

If you feel Downtown Jersey City is not safe enough for you, then no part of Jersey City will suffice. Try Edgewater. That area is more suburban in feel (and probably gives the impression of feeling safer).

Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM

alright thanks,
so please suggest some good downtown jersey city area which can come under my budget close topath station and area must be v safe!!

Old 09-12-2013, 05:22 PM

Newport (close to Pavonia-Newport PATH Station)
Paulus Hook (close to Exchange Place PATH Station)
Van Vorst Park (close to Grove Street PATH Station)
Hamilton Park (walkable, though a bit of a schlep from Pavonia-Newport or Grove Street stations)

Your budget is below average for Newport and Paulus Hook, though I'm sure you can find an apartment in an older building at or below $1800. Hamilton Park will have more inventory available within budget.

In the map below, your target area should be between the Hudson River to the east, Coles/Varick streets to the west, 12th Street to the north, and Morris Canal to the south. Be aware that "garden level" apartments in this area (you'll find many in your budget) are susceptible to flooding.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=07302...gl=us&t=h&z=15

Old 09-12-2013, 07:08 PM

Hey Thanku so much Lammius...,
I really appreciate your response ..
I know $1800 is low for newport just thinking which side of jc will be safe and better to commute..ill be checking thiss link u have given and looking for area around I have seen the beacon but then i have heard bad reviews about it and when i went there i also found the place esp the surrounding a bit shady!! so I am confused, I dont have much time right now..I need a new apartment by dec beg atleast!!

Old 09-12-2013, 07:12 PM

How to know if the apartment is "garden level" or not??

Old 09-13-2013, 04:49 PM

You're right. The Beacon is in a shady area. And that's not downtown Jersey City. So forget about it.
Look at places closer to the Hudson River. If not Newport, then the areas around Newport, but don't go up the hill close to the Beacon.

Some apartment ads will specify that the apartment is "garden level." Some apartment ads will not specify, but you will be able to tell based on the photographs in the ad (in photos taken of the inside of the apartment, look outside the windows to see if the apartment is at or above ground level). Other apartment ads will leave no clues at all, so you'll have to ask if you enquire.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 PM

I am stil having hard time searching for an apartment in downtown jersey city in 1800

Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM

You're not trying hard enough. In 10 seconds I found all of these apartments in downtown Jersey City at or around $1800.

$1845 / 1br - Spacious, Elegant, Furnished 1Br, 1Bth, Steps to Path Tr
Downtown Jersey City-5 min walk to Grove St. Path Station No-Fee
Hamilton Park, 1 bedroom with a deck
Beautiful Bright Hamilton Park Apartment
Fantastic one bedroom only two blocks to Grove St PATH
Van Vorst Park Charming 1BR - 1700
Renovated 1 BR in Elevator Bldg, H/W Flrs, W/D in Unit, Walk to PATH
1 bedroom, Downtown Jersey City
$1800 / 1br - RENTAL - 1 bed apt in Downtown Jersey 2 Blocks from Path
RENTAL - 1 bed apt in Downtown Jersey
RENTAL - 1 bed apt in Downtown Jersey
CUTE ONE BEDROOM ONE BATHROOM-NO FEE-NEAR GROVE PATH

and so on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey