Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM

3 posts, read 5,711 times

Advertisements

Moved to Lyndhurst in Bergen county to be closer to work. I rent an apartment. If your not familiar with this town, its a middle income town with alot of multi family apartments mixed in with one family. I like it here but have encountered a problem and was wondering if anyone else has this in their town. I have never seen this anywhere else. Here in Lyndhurst they have street cleaning on both sides of the streets on the same day. Hence, if your workschedule is arrive home late and leave late morning, you have to wake up early just to move your car. My landlord does not have enough space for me to park. There is no side street. The only other option is two blocks away which has a different day that sweeper comes by. When i was looking at apartments, this was the last thing i was looking at and worried about. Now, its starting to get to me. I have asked my neighbors and they have told me its been like this forever. People have complained to politicians and it has no affect. It is this way and it will remain this way. I have called the town and they state the same. This is the ordinance. Is this the only town that does this or is there other towns in NJ that have this same "ordinance", just curious. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 08:28 AM

696 posts, read 906,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent484 View Post
Moved to Lyndhurst in Bergen county to be closer to work. I rent an apartment. If your not familiar with this town, its a middle income town with alot of multi family apartments mixed in with one family. I like it here but have encountered a problem and was wondering if anyone else has this in their town. I have never seen this anywhere else. Here in Lyndhurst they have street cleaning on both sides of the streets on the same day. Hence, if your workschedule is arrive home late and leave late morning, you have to wake up early just to move your car. My landlord does not have enough space for me to park. There is no side street. The only other option is two blocks away which has a different day that sweeper comes by. When i was looking at apartments, this was the last thing i was looking at and worried about. Now, its starting to get to me. I have asked my neighbors and they have told me its been like this forever. People have complained to politicians and it has no affect. It is this way and it will remain this way. I have called the town and they state the same. This is the ordinance. Is this the only town that does this or is there other towns in NJ that have this same "ordinance", just curious. Thanks
I used to live in an apartment in Lyndhurst in the 80s and this was the case then (Luckily my apartment had a parking space). This ordinance is a punitive measure against renters at the behest of home owners not to mention the town loves the ticket revenue. It is so ingrained it will never change. Enforcement is also rigorous (a ticket is a given with possible towing a distinct possibility). Even worse is the ordinance against parking on snow covered streets; there is nowhere you can move your car.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 PM

989 posts, read 1,876,640 times
The Lyndhurst Police are all over Ridge Road 24/7 stopping people for speeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey