Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 11:59 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times

Advertisements

Anyway you look EZ-Pass has their hands in your wallet/purse.

Lose the thing or it is stolen? Pay $23 for another.
Monthly statement by snail mail? $6.00
Account revoked? $25
Retention fee? $25
Assorted violation and administrative fees? Up to $50

Personally do not like the fact in order to use a credit/debit card or checking account one must set up automatic replenishment. Do not like anything that automatically bills my credit/charge cards and certainly do not authorize anyone to do the same from our banking accounts. Have seen too many fingers burned. Yes, they say mistakes "rarely happen" but it has been our experience when they do it is large and will snowball into something greater that can take much time to sort out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 08:00 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,584,927 times
The administrative fees are usually dropped if you have an account. Normally that's what they charge you if you go through without a transponder in a car that's not registered on any account and as long as you or someone has an active account they let you add that car and toll to it and knock the fee down to 0.

Myself and friends originally got EZPASS accounts through Delaware DRBA because for several years they did not have any monthly fees. That changed several years ago when they had NJ take their system over.

Checking the account statements online is a good idea otherwise automated systems can screw up. There are also discounts you won't get otherwise going into NYC.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:50 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Anyway you look EZ-Pass has their hands in your wallet/purse.

Lose the thing or it is stolen? Pay $23 for another.
Monthly statement by snail mail? $6.00
Account revoked? $25
Retention fee? $25
Assorted violation and administrative fees? Up to $50

Personally do not like the fact in order to use a credit/debit card or checking account one must set up automatic replenishment. Do not like anything that automatically bills my credit/charge cards and certainly do not authorize anyone to do the same from our banking accounts. Have seen too many fingers burned. Yes, they say mistakes "rarely happen" but it has been our experience when they do it is large and will snowball into something greater that can take much time to sort out.
You're right about some of the fees. However after review of statements, I've found some issues in the past and called to have them corrected without any issues.

I have also admitted to going through the EZpass lanes without paying as the board did not say I "PAID" the tolls and never been billed or given summons about it. So there are obviously benefits for having EZPass.

What should happen is that EZPass should be managed by a 3rd party instead of the mismanaged PA.

One other note to people without EZ-Pass, GTFO of the EZ-Pass lanes!

Old 11-30-2014, 05:16 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You're right about some of the fees. However after review of statements, I've found some issues in the past and called to have them corrected without any issues.

I have also admitted to going through the EZpass lanes without paying as the board did not say I "PAID" the tolls and never been billed or given summons about it. So there are obviously benefits for having EZPass.

What should happen is that EZPass should be managed by a 3rd party instead of the mismanaged PA.

One other note to people without EZ-Pass, GTFO of the EZ-Pass lanes!
Nothing bugs the heck out of me more when driving than some clueless idiot ahead of me that realizes only *AFTER* the reach the toll that they are in an EZ-Pass lane. This mind you after seemingly ignoring all the lane signs that appear miles ahead of the toll booths, and often having to queue in line as well.

Worse is the Lincoln Tunnel approach where you can count on someone remaining on the extreme left (EZ-Pass lane) only to reach the plaza and realize their mistake. Either way then comes comes the fun. They start honking and making gestures for me to back up. Back up WHERE you mook? I have a persons behind me..... *LOL*

There is a special place in Hell for these clueless to EZ-Pass lanes. Right beside those that miss when trying to chuck coins into the toll basket then *get out of their vehicle* to find the errant quarters! *LOL* One time actually got out and paid the toll for some woman just to get her to move her damn car. That is when one got an EZ-Pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey