Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 AM

131 posts, read 274,418 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary in early November. I'd like to go out to a nice restaurant (any type of food) in a walkable downtown, maybe catch a movie (within walking distance of restaurant). We live in Livingston. Any recommended restaurants with very good food and towns within 20 minutes or so? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 12:17 PM

391 posts, read 1,477,864 times
Westfield fits the bill.

Special Occasion type places off the top of my head
French: Chez Catherine
Northern Italian/ Mediteranian: Acquavia
Steak House: Sweet Waters

then catch a movie at the Rialto.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:50 PM

225 posts, read 722,210 times
Westfield is good
Montclair would be another option. Ton of different restaurants depending on what type of food you want.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:22 PM

1,951 posts, read 3,333,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanet View Post
Hi,

My husband and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary in early November. I'd like to go out to a nice restaurant (any type of food) in a walkable downtown, maybe catch a movie (within walking distance of restaurant). We live in Livingston. Any recommended restaurants with very good food and towns within 20 minutes or so? Thanks!
Roots Steakhouse - Morristown or Summit. Roots Steak House in Summit, NJ. I prefer Morristown...it has a more lively downtown.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:08 PM

22 posts, read 44,656 times
The Pub (airport circle).

Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,458,938 times
A big 1+ on the Morristown recommendation. There are literally dozens of restaurants downtown, covering almost every cuisine imaginable. You can find everything from delicious yet cheap hole in the wall joints to five star white linen service places. They are about to re open, if they have not opened already, the Headquarters Movie Theatres. Another entrainment option is the Mayo Center for the Performing Arts, where there are frequent events. Mayo Performing Arts Center Both the movie theaters and the PAC are walking distance to a plethora of restaurants. If you have a desire for a specific cuisine and need a recommendation, just ask! (I frequently dine out in Morristown) A nice plus is being able to sit and relax as well as people watch from the green. Not many downtowns have that option.

KoalaNJ

Old 09-23-2013, 05:44 PM

131 posts, read 274,418 times
Morristown sounds nice!! I will ask my hubby what cuisine he would like....

Old 09-24-2013, 07:19 AM

1,951 posts, read 3,333,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanet View Post
Morristown sounds nice!! I will ask my hubby what cuisine he would like....
Can't go wrong with Motown. Nice place to walk around. The community theater is a great venue. There are a couple of pretty good Thai restaurants there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey