Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 06:52 PM

11 posts, read 26,219 times

Advertisements

And make sure your daughter play with people that have "sense of humor" too.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,511,088 times
I cant berieve my daddy send me to summit with evil white peopel!!! it make me sooooooo angry!!!!

Old 09-24-2013, 08:27 PM

3,403 posts, read 4,441,276 times
This thread has at least one and possibly two trolls.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,945,831 times
Wonderful. So the OP is a troll post too, then.

So this has nothing to do with Summit at all.

Which means that if prospective residents do a search for Summit on this forum, they will find this thread and...what? Be helped? Find the NJ forum useful? Find it hilarious?

It's not that hilarious. I give this troll sketch 1.5 out of 5 stars.

Good, earnest effort with the 3 trolls engaging in what, unfortunately, is trying too hard to be an avant garde interaction. The premise is sophomoric and the delivery falls flat. The dialog could be much funnier if the author focused more on character development, and less on the flaccid, faux race baiting that doesn't seem to have a point and ultimately goes nowhere.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:06 AM

23,353 posts, read 17,033,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlstonHK View Post
I just found that out today, and I'm just making sure. People told me that NJ is full of racist people, but that's not true at all, not in EB at least.
NJ is the most diverse place on the planet and many cultures bring their own prejudices.

If you find a place on this planet that does not contain a racists element you have left the earth.

NJ is as good as it gets.

Racism charged is racism practiced, more often than not.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,284 times
This thread is ridiculous!

Anyway, I am Asian and grew up in a primarily white upper class town very similar to Summit. I experienced less racism there then in a more multicultural school. My parents moved when I was in Junior High from multicultural school so I definitely had my experience in both. My education and friends were top notched and there were occasional racist remarks being made...but who cares?! I was raised to look beyond that. I think kids can be picked on for anything these days which goes beyond race. Just make sure you raise her well and give her a good education, let her be friends with whom she wants regardless of race. She only has to be there for 4 years and your skepticism won't help.

My husband and I recently bought a home in Summit and are moving there from Hoboken (after living there for 2 years). I can tell you that living in Hoboken has been the worst experience of my life and I would rather live with uppity rich people (who are actually rich) rather then posers in Hoboken living off mommy and daddy's money and acting like racist jerks for no reason.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:39 AM

934 posts, read 1,053,708 times
I grew up in Berkeley Heights, which is very close to Summit, and people were pretty damn racist. To illustrate the fact, I can tell you what one of my neighbors said when one of the houses in our block went up for sale:

"I really hope no black people move in. It will diminish property values. Oh! Maybe a nice Asian family will move in! They can teach my daughter how to play piano!"

^ An actual quote by an actual person.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:29 PM

18,417 posts, read 15,141,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&A2013 View Post
This thread is ridiculous!

Anyway, I am Asian and grew up in a primarily white upper class town very similar to Summit. I experienced less racism there then in a more multicultural school. My parents moved when I was in Junior High from multicultural school so I definitely had my experience in both. My education and friends were top notched and there were occasional racist remarks being made...but who cares?! I was raised to look beyond that. I think kids can be picked on for anything these days which goes beyond race. Just make sure you raise her well and give her a good education, let her be friends with whom she wants regardless of race. She only has to be there for 4 years and your skepticism won't help.

My husband and I recently bought a home in Summit and are moving there from Hoboken (after living there for 2 years). I can tell you that living in Hoboken has been the worst experience of my life and I would rather live with uppity rich people (who are actually rich) rather then posers in Hoboken living off mommy and daddy's money and acting like racist jerks for no reason.
I agree, it is ridiculous. That said, this thread died over 6 months ago. Maybe leaving it dead would have been a better choice than resurrecting it?

Old 04-03-2014, 06:26 PM

1,614 posts, read 3,748,630 times
I am sure the OP would find racism anywhere he looked. Seems like some people are just able to spot it absolutely everywhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey