Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:41 AM

7 posts, read 51,939 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about a move to the Jersey Shore (have family in Ocean County and would like to be about 1/2 hour to an hour away from them!). I am a single mom and need to be practical in terms of what I can afford. Any recommendations on towns where it is relatively affordable to live? I'm heading down the shore this weekend and would like to look at a couple towns while I'm in the area. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 12:24 PM

665 posts, read 1,925,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylg1980 View Post
I am thinking about a move to the Jersey Shore (have family in Ocean County and would like to be about 1/2 hour to an hour away from them!). I am a single mom and need to be practical in terms of what I can afford. Any recommendations on towns where it is relatively affordable to live? I'm heading down the shore this weekend and would like to look at a couple towns while I'm in the area. Thanks so much.
There are nice towns in Ocean county but kind odf need to know your price range to get an idea.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:39 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,444 times
Quote:
If you don't mind being on the bay side, check out: Ocean Gate, Beachwood, Pine Beach, and Bayville (all in Ocean County). Go on realtor.com to get an idea of the prices.
Moderator cut: no solicitation allowed

good luck with your search~

Last edited by tahiti; 06-30-2008 at 11:11 AM..

Old 06-30-2008, 09:52 AM

7 posts, read 51,939 times
Thanks so much! My cousin lives in Bayville and I have other family in Toms River and Forked River, as well. I guess my price range is very low $200,000s, preferably lower if I can find it. I'm not ready to move yet, but I'm just trying to get an idea where we may be able to afford something.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:27 PM

81 posts, read 244,562 times
Welcome to the Jersey Shore-where cheap is $300,000..
well i'm exaggerating of course, but I'll keep my eye out and let you know if i hear anything that is in your price range!..
Good Luck!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:12 PM

665 posts, read 1,925,475 times
Quote:
Thanks so much! My cousin lives in Bayville and I have other family in Toms River and Forked River, as well. I guess my price range is very low $200,000s, preferably lower if I can find it. I'm not ready to move yet, but I'm just trying to get an idea where we may be able to afford something.
If you go on realtor.com Beachwood has some homes low$ 200.000, it depends on what your looking for. Beachwood is a decent town.I get homesick sometimes and look at the homes for sale.....Good luck.I think you could probably find something in Bayville too.!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:19 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,745,444 times
Quote:
There are homes in Toms River, Ocean Gate, and Beachwood for under $200K that need some work. (I've seen a few listings in Pine Beach, too.)

My house is not for sale, but if you want to check out what I got for what I spent and opinions on Ocean Gate, please PM me.

again, good luck!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:19 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,207,084 times
200,000 USD near the Jersey shore?? Oh my............that's gonna be a dump......Good luck..........

Old 04-15-2009, 06:08 PM

22 posts, read 114,046 times
I grew up in Beachwood and still visit my parents there several times a year.

The TR area - Bayville, Pine Beach, Brick, etc - is a great bet, but for $200,000 your options are definitely going to be limited. However, it depends on what you're looking for, and if you can get a house that needs some TLC and you're willing to put the work in, a fixer-upper in the area would probably be a great deal in the long run. I wouldn't rule it out in your price range, but again, it depends on what you're interested in.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:47 PM

14 posts, read 50,299 times
Hi I saw that u lived in ocean gate, I am looking for a house there currently and love to hear about the area. Thank u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey