Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 03:24 PM

244 posts, read 597,808 times

Advertisements

I moved to Old Bridge a year ago and have been trying to explore all the restaurants around. One of my favorites so far is Ganga Sushi on Route 34 (IT'S AMAZING!).

What are some places that I should try?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,695,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren810g View Post
I moved to Old Bridge a year ago and have been trying to explore all the restaurants around. One of my favorites so far is Ganga Sushi on Route 34 (IT'S AMAZING!).

What are some places that I should try?
I heard the new Portuguese restarant (old Charlie Browns) on 79 is very good.

Even though we moved out of Old Bridge about 1 year ago to South Jersey we still head back up to Matawan to eat at Esposito's on Route 34..and well worth the trip.

Yesterday's on 35 in Hazlet is good and of course my fav chinese buffet on 35 in Hazlet also.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:01 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,624,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

Even though we moved out of Old Bridge about 1 year ago to South Jersey we still head back up to Matawan to eat at Esposito's on Route 34..and well worth the trip.

Yesterday's on 35 in Hazlet is good and of course my fav chinese buffet on 35 in Hazlet also.
It's the Mediterranean Chateau. The owner was a partner in Ria Mar in South River. The food there is mediocre at best. There are a lot better choices for Portuguese.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:14 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

yeah that Chinese buffet near aldi? it just seems like its probably not good to me, but ill give it a shot.

I keep cutting the coupon for yesterdays but haven't gone yet. it seems to get pretty busy.

I cant think of favorite restaurants. ive been to Monticello in red bank a couple of times and liked it for date night with the wife. I went to "Just" I think in old bridge not too long ago. it was nice but overpriced.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:29 AM

69 posts, read 206,928 times
If you like to try authentic south Indian food, I would suggest you try Aroma Palace in Edison. They recently moved from Montclair. They have Sunday lunch buffet which features many of the traditional south Indian food, which is very different from normal Indian restuarant food .

The food and the price @ four seasons (Thai restaurant) in piscataway is good. The decor and appearance is shabby though.
-LA

Old 09-25-2013, 02:46 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,074,430 times
Middlesex outside of the fancy places in New Brunswick is a good restaurant wasteland, For example, the best Italian place in E. Brunswick is the Carrabbas chain. Everything else is a pizzeria.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:49 PM

when i was a young one, we used to go to chi chis in east brunswick every monday. i think there is a bonefish grill over there now, which is actually a pretty good place. i go to the one in middletown now and then.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:55 PM

i went to trinity in keyport for a romantic date night with the wife. i always use the romantic approach. the food was good but the place was depressing. it was all geezers and they even had some weird party for old people there when i went. it also was not the most pleasant area to walk around.

i considered going to avenue in pier village in long branch. i know the food in avenue is nothing special but the atmosphere would have been better for a couple of beautiful people like me and my wife.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,074,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
when i was a young one, we used to go to chi chis in east brunswick every monday. i think there is a bonefish grill over there now, which is actually a pretty good place. i go to the one in middletown now and then.
Chain restaurants serve their purpose. But in north jersey nearly every town had 1 or 2 family-owned Italian bistros with home-made food that grandma used to make. Try getting a real italian loaf of bread instead of the sponge-in-the-middle goop my neighbors get at ShopRite and think is great.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:04 PM

244 posts, read 597,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i went to trinity in keyport for a romantic date night with the wife. i always use the romantic approach. the food was good but the place was depressing. it was all geezers and they even had some weird party for old people there when i went. it also was not the most pleasant area to walk around.

i considered going to avenue in pier village in long branch. i know the food in avenue is nothing special but the atmosphere would have been better for a couple of beautiful people like me and my wife.
I went to Avenue - I liked the scene at Avenue but I thought the food was very pricey for what it was.

I'm actually a fan of Bonefish - been to both those locations - can't go wrong with the Bang Bang Shrimp!

I have a friend who LOVES Peking Pavilion in Manalapan but I haven't been yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey