Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
My HMO does that now. Free yearly physicals. We only pay a $15 copay when we have a "sick" visit.

Also discounts on certain gyms or weight loss programs.
preventative care is co-pay free now due to ACA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 11:41 AM

478 posts, read 700,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
if the opponents to healthcare reform.
Exactly who is opposed to health care reform aside from insurance and pharmaceutical companies who make tons of money off the sick ?

Old 10-02-2013, 11:45 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Exactly who is opposed to health care reform aside from insurance and pharmaceutical companies who make tons of money off the sick ?
Uh people who are upset that we have a brown president.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:43 PM

478 posts, read 700,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Uh people who are upset that we have a brown president.
I voted for Obama twice so I'm not in that racist group. Our health care system is a disaster....common sense should dictate that any effort to reform it would be welcomed by all except this who have something to lose with reform. Republicans have had their opportunity to do something but chose to do nothing. I'm not sure if it's because Obama is black or it's it's just another issue of obstructionism and Republicans won't allow any forward movement in this country under a Democratic president and literally scare the hell out of people with false propaganda about Obamacare. For the average cost of about $300 you get good health coverage and that's a bargain in today's market. Even racists should be able to appreciate a bargain like that ?

Old 10-02-2013, 02:26 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
preventative care is co-pay free now due to ACA
That is wonderful! On my current Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy (which they now will discontinue as of my next anniversary date because it doens't meet the ACA provisions) preventative care is limited to $500 a year. This includes preventative tests such as mammogram, pap test and colonoscopy. So people are dissuaded in my plan for having tests to detect cancer while it is still in an early and less inexpensive to treat stage. It never made any sense to me.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:03 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Then don't tell me 4 or 5 business and that you will call me, and don't have your staff tell me when I call that I won't get any results till my next appointment. This is bullshyt.
You need a new doctor but you probably figured that out by now.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:38 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
You need a new doctor but you probably figured that out by now.
Well, he's the surgeon but there is no surgical solution for what is wrong with me, so I won't need him again. I liked him, but he has very poor management in his practice. You don't lie to someone about when they will get potentially life-threatening disease results. You just don't.

And before the surgery, I showed up for pre-admission testing and was surprised to learn that I was supposed to have a bronchoscopy that no one ever mentioned. I didn't understand why I needed it, and I wasn't supposed to drive myself to the hospital because they needed to sedate me for the bronchoscopy. Just didn't bother to let me know he had ordered this. I had to reschedule and find someone to drive me.

They should consider including some sort of patient sensitivity classes and patient information management in medical schools.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:01 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
I hope that you get a clean bill of health, and that you get it soon, MQ!
However, I have to say that--in general--surgeons are renowned as being the MDs with the least, "bedside manner", so I am not surprised. I don't just say that as a lay person, but, instead, I am basing it on comments by several RNs whom I have known over the years.

Somebody can be a very gifted surgeon, but--unfortunately--that does not mean that he/she will know how to deal with conscious patients with tact, humility, and a spirit of humanity. My RN friends tell me that--with only a few exceptions--surgeons are almost always raging A-holes when it comes to interaction with patients, families, and nurses.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:27 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I hope that you get a clean bill of health, and that you get it soon, MQ!
However, I have to say that--in general--surgeons are renowned as being the MDs with the least, "bedside manner", so I am not surprised. I don't just say that as a lay person, but, instead, I am basing it on comments by several RNs whom I have known over the years.

Somebody can be a very gifted surgeon, but--unfortunately--that does not mean that he/she will know how to deal with conscious patients with tact, humility, and a spirit of humanity. My RN friends tell me that--with only a few exceptions--surgeons are almost always raging A-holes when it comes to interaction with patients, families, and nurses.

Laughed over the "conscious patients" reference. I did like the guy, but no, he doesn't manage things well.

I won't get a clean bill of health. SOMETHING is there that needs treatment, just identifying exactly what it is is the problem. Hoping for the lesser of several evils is the best I can do.

But thanks for your good thoughts.

At least I do have good insurance.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:29 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Phones ringing off the hook yesterday for Romneycare! Ted "Send Me On A" Cruz's worst nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey