Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 01:52 PM

13 posts, read 32,509 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm relocating to your wonderful state and my job will be in Morristown (Madison Avenue) and I found 2 places online (I am in OH so I have not yet been able to FULLY explore the area to know it well) and they are on Washington St...137 and 118 respectively. I'm concerned because they seem 'affordable' (LOL) I'm wondering if the area is safe enough for a single mom. I am aware it is probably not the BEST area of Morristown, but I am only looking to avoid the WORST area if that makes sense. Also, if anyone would know what elementry school that would be? thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 03:58 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,452,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenj8 View Post
Hello! I'm relocating to your wonderful state and my job will be in Morristown (Madison Avenue) and I found 2 places online (I am in OH so I have not yet been able to FULLY explore the area to know it well) and they are on Washington St...137 and 118 respectively. I'm concerned because they seem 'affordable' (LOL) I'm wondering if the area is safe enough for a single mom. I am aware it is probably not the BEST area of Morristown, but I am only looking to avoid the WORST area if that makes sense. Also, if anyone would know what elementry school that would be? thanks again
Welcome to NJ, and congratulations on the new job! That part of Morristown is just fine, I would not be worried. You are literally sandwiched between the A&P grocery store and the county courthouse.it As a female I have walked in the area alone at night quite a bit and never had a problem. I do have concerns in that Washington St is a very heavily traveled main street, so not a place to let a child play out in the front yard unsupervised. There is a small park on Budd St, just south of Washington, as well as Burnham Park located just a few blocks further west on Washington St, and there is also the green, so places for recreation are nearby and easily accessible. The A&P will be closing shortly and the bldg remodeled/expanded and a Whole Foods will be opening in '14. The street is mostly commercial, with large older homes that now house office space on the first floor, with either more offices or in some apartments. There is also several commercial bldgs, and a small apt complex in that area of Washington St. Alexander Hamilton Elementary School is located about a block and a half away on Mills St, just off Washington, I believe your child would attend there, but check with the Morris School District to be certain. 973-292-2300 You should also be aware that just behind the bldgs on the north side of Washington from where the apts you are considering is located the athletic field for the HS, so you'll always know when there is a football game or track meet.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask....

HTH
KoalaNJ

Old 10-15-2013, 06:36 AM

13 posts, read 32,509 times
Thanks so much! Hopefully we will only have to rent for a year or 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey