Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2013, 01:40 PM

2 posts, read 8,440 times

Advertisements

Hi, I currently live in Manhattan and am thinking about moving to New Jersey.
Edgewater or For Lee is our choice since it is close to manhattan and both towns have good public education system for my son.

My only concern is to commute to Manhattan. My company is located at 26th street on Broadway and moving to New Jersey would double or triple my commute. I have some questions and I would greatly appreciate if you could give me your advice or opinion!

1. How long usually does it take from Edgewater or Fort Lee to Manhattan?

2. If I move to Fort Lee, I will cross GWB and take subway to my office. If I move to Edgewater, I will take bus to Port Authority and take subway. How bad the traffic is? Which one would be faster?

3. Which one do you prefer to live if you have two years old kid, Fort Lee or Edgewater?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,216 times
Hi,

I live in Fort Lee with two kids. When I used to work in the downtown, I took bus to cross GWB and then subway. In the early morning,it took me around 50 mins.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,440 times
Thank you very much for the information! Was it during the rush hour? Actually it is not bad if it just takes around 50 mins...

Old 11-25-2013, 09:43 AM

593 posts, read 894,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appatired View Post
Hi, I currently live in Manhattan and am thinking about moving to New Jersey.
Edgewater or For Lee is our choice since it is close to manhattan and both towns have good public education system for my son.

My only concern is to commute to Manhattan. My company is located at 26th street on Broadway and moving to New Jersey would double or triple my commute. I have some questions and I would greatly appreciate if you could give me your advice or opinion!

1. How long usually does it take from Edgewater or Fort Lee to Manhattan?

2. If I move to Fort Lee, I will cross GWB and take subway to my office. If I move to Edgewater, I will take bus to Port Authority and take subway. How bad the traffic is? Which one would be faster?

3. Which one do you prefer to live if you have two years old kid, Fort Lee or Edgewater?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Is Jersey City or Hoboken not a possibility? In terms of proximity to lower Manhattan or midtown (by PATH), they are the best. I don't have any kids, so I don't know about school though. But I've heard both have good schools.

Atsushi

Old 11-25-2013, 12:47 PM

550 posts, read 965,551 times
I'd say Fort Lee is more convenient just for the fact that once you cross the bridge, you're right there. To get to/from some parts of Edgewater, you'll have no choice but to deal with high-traffic River Road.

Schools are probably a toss-up? We actually recently moved from Fort Lee to our current town because we wanted a better educational opportunity for our kids. Not that either of the towns' systems are bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey