Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 12:07 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,402,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnjguy View Post
I would love to pay 800 to 1000 per child for day care. I pay over 1700 a month for a single infant.
ouch. nanny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
my friend hired a nanny. his dad is an accountant so he advised him to do everything legal. i think he pays her something like 15-17 an hour and he started a legal company and pays fica, workers comp., unemployment, etc. it must cost him a fortune. unless he is planning on running for political office, i think he should be hiring the illegal and paying cash.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:48 PM

239 posts, read 379,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
ouch. nanny?
Day care center

Old 03-26-2014, 12:54 PM

201 posts, read 619,452 times
I noticed a lot of postings here determining wealth to how much retirement funds you currnently assess the value at. But, with the coming ecnomic crisis of the US government not being able to pay its debts (over 70% is interest alone) the only logical thing economic pundits are saying is that the government is going to seize the people's pension and retirement funds. I thought it was crazy too till I looked over the numbers of our debt being somewhere in the 14 trillion range and our country's retirement and pension fund value at around 16 trilion value. And you say it might be crazy to happen here but it has happened in argentina and is begining to happen in Europe with EU countries trying to pass legislation for a 10% tax on retirement accounts. The US government is already in the works of trying to pass legislation of the US government trying to take over everyone's retirment and pensions and to offer an annuity credit in place of an individual's retirement/pension fund. This is basically confiscating all of someone's wealth as the value of the annunity loses value to inflation and the government gets the full market price of your retirement while you get the depreciated value of the annunity when you retire. Any thoughts on this?

Old 03-26-2014, 01:01 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subban View Post
I noticed a lot of postings here determining wealth to how much retirement funds you currnently assess the value at. But, with the coming ecnomic crisis of the US government not being able to pay its debts (over 70% is interest alone) the only logical thing economic pundits are saying is that the government is going to seize the people's pension and retirement funds. I thought it was crazy too till I looked over the numbers of our debt being somewhere in the 14 trillion range and our country's retirement and pension fund value at around 16 trilion value. And you say it might be crazy to happen here but it has happened in argentina and is begining to happen in Europe with EU countries trying to pass legislation for a 10% tax on retirement accounts. The US government is already in the works of trying to pass legislation of the US government trying to take over everyone's retirment and pensions and to offer an annuity credit in place of an individual's retirement/pension fund. This is basically confiscating all of someone's wealth as the value of the annunity loses value to inflation and the government gets the full market price of your retirement while you get the depreciated value of the annunity when you retire. Any thoughts on this?

My thought is that you need to cite a credible source for that information.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:04 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
I somewhat agree with you but im not sure this is the right forum. politicians have already had hearings and discussions regarding how to get their hands on more private money. that's what the whole "myIRA" thing is about. they are going to get their hands on at least some of our 401k/IRA money sooner or later. id imagine they will try to phase out the tax deduction for high earners, I actually got an email on that recently so I think that's coming soon. one thing they could do is force a roth conversion. that way, they get the tax money bonus payment today and they trick people into believing they haven't really lost out. forcing the entire system under the public domain would require some kind of incident where the stock market is wiped out.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my friend hired a nanny. his dad is an accountant so he advised him to do everything legal. i think he pays her something like 15-17 an hour and he started a legal company and pays fica, workers comp., unemployment, etc. it must cost him a fortune. unless he is planning on running for political office, i think he should be hiring the illegal and paying cash.
it's good for liability issues also. i can't say i blame him for going by the book.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
this is pure tin foil hat stuff. no offense to you, but don't buy into this crap.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:51 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnjguy View Post
Day care center
ouch! Better be a good school/daycare. I'm sure its based on local market. There is a daycare across the street of my office charging almost $2k per child. Of course, the immediate area of my work is several times out of my price range in terms of housing....

Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
My thought is that you need to cite a credible source for that information.

His tinfoil hat's working OT.

The Gov't generally can't confiscate your property without due process. And 401k assets are held in a trust which in theory protects your assets if your co. goes belly up. Unless they were stealing from the 401(k) which happens sometimes. Your 401k assets are protected from creditors if you file for bankruptcy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey