Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:45 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times

Advertisements

I like the Daily News which has become more rightwing (supported Mitt for prez! wtf?) under Mort Zuckerman. Great sports but little NJ coverage like the Post. Ledger covers most of NJ well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 05:29 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
The Post sometimes borders on the Enquirer, but some people say it has the best sports section.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:15 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
This is the first time I've heard of someone looking at the Ledger for a less left-leaning paper.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:18 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I get the APP for the same reason as Captain--coupons that in effect make the paper free. I don't buy a lot so I don't use a lot of coupons, but I do hit some here and there that are useful.

I'll keep the APP because I want to find out what's going on locally. Just get Fri-Sun.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:32 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I canceled my Asbury park press subscription due to their left wing bias. I was always guilty for keeping it going but I want the coupons. so now I did some research and the star ledger apparently has coupons. if you get it, do they have at least the same coupons as APP? also, how is their political bias? I don't mind them being leftist but I don't want it to be so obvious. also, I want a deal so where can I get it the cheapest? I can hold out and wait for a promotional deal.
the problem is, you don't like facts, because they tend to have a left wing bias lately. you should stick to publications owned by Newscorop, and get your coupons elsewhere I guess.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
thanks! i cant believe im gonna be putting up with the burping and spit up again but it couldn't have worked out better for my first so im looking forward to doubling my fun.

im gonna need to start stockpiling diapers soon. i don't want to pay full price.
you'd like the discount store i go to back in Northeast PA. diapers are about half price. otherwise, amazon.com "subscribe and save" is the cheapest i've found (and target's brand).

Old 11-27-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I like the Daily News which has become more rightwing (supported Mitt for prez! wtf?) under Mort Zuckerman. Great sports but little NJ coverage like the Post. Ledger covers most of NJ well.
the Post and the Daily News are tabloids, not newspapers. It all depends on what you're after. I've lost a lot of faith in both of their sports reporting, and then i noticed it in the regular news reporting as well (never read their news, just their sports, but it's come up a lot over the past 2-3 years). they just blatently get facts wrong and write too many stories based on anonymous sources that end up being discredited stories.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:31 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
the Post and the Daily News are tabloids, not newspapers.
Do you mean to tell me that headlines such as The Post's infamous, Headless Body In Topless Bar are indicative of something less than the best in journalism?

As Captain Renault said, "I'm shocked!".

Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Do you mean to tell me that headlines such as The Post's infamous, Headless Body In Topless Bar are indicative of something less than the best in journalism?

As Captain Renault said, "I'm shocked!".

listen - their headline writer is one of the best writers in the history of the world. We can say what we want about their "journalism", but no one will ever beat their headlines.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:53 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
the problem is, you don't like facts, because they tend to have a left wing bias lately. you should stick to publications owned by Newscorop, and get your coupons elsewhere I guess.
I don't like your kinds of facts. that kinds where you make up stuff, post no supporting evidence and then call them facts. it doesn't surprise me that you think you are the one with facts on his side, but I do find it interesting that you can be so delusional. facts are the friends of conservatives. liberals depend on emotional reactions and appealing to some kind of idealism rather than what really makes sense.

I get some coupons online but newspapers do offer some that aren't available online. APP did make an attempt to offer some views from the conservative side but their editorials (especially when they were specifically expressing the views of the newspaper) were always so full of crap and left wing that I got annoyed whenever I saw them.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 11-28-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey