U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 04:39 PM

5 posts, read 12,091 times

Advertisements

I previously asked about walkable communities ranging from 500-600k. I have since the last post, visited ridgewood, chatham, metuchen, and summit.
So far we've ruled out chatham because in our price range the houses were pretty run down.

While, we are not completely ruling out single family homes, since we are from queens and live in a town home now, we also want to look at some townhome/condo communities. My husband also works long hours so paying a HOA fee for someone to keep up with outdoor maintenance seems like a positive.

So since our last visit we have discussed possibly upping our budget to maybe 650 or 700k depending on taxes. And we want to look at town homes especially ones that might have a pool or playground right in the community.

So my question is what town home communities would fit the following criteria: 500-700k, good to great school districts, have amenities like pool and playground, and be with 1-1:15 hr to midtown.

Thanks for all of your help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 04:56 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,192,642 times
Mahwah and Livingston come to mind.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:38 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,388,661 times
Chatham has nice townhomes. A 3br on Riveredge just sold in the $600+k

Old 11-27-2013, 10:28 PM

66 posts, read 146,865 times
Check out the Farm Estates at Waldwick! They're asking mid to upper 500k and it's fairly close to the train to get into the city. Waldwick is a small community that shares a bit of its border with Ridgewood, an area that you have seemed to look into. The only issue I see here is they are not built yet. However you will be able to make personal customizations so that's a plus. Monthly maintanance is set at $240. Also Waldwick has it's own town pool and I'm sure you can find a playground nearby.

Another option is Glen Rock Square in Glen Rock (which borders Ridgewood as well). These are all new construction and under 500k! They are close to the train, downtown and like Waldwick there is a town pool and there are parks nearby. Monthly maintanance is $327. The only drawback is there are only 2 bedrooms (Farm Estates offers 3 bedrooms).

Ridgewood also has opportunities to get a townhouse/condo in your price range. Some are walking distance to the town pool and train, others are not. However none of the listings I see in Ridgewood have 3 or more bedrooms.

Hope I was able to help you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey