Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2013, 05:14 PM

102 posts, read 185,229 times

Advertisements

Hello Guys.
It's sound unrealistic if I said: Why would the Journal Square is CHEAP in terms of renting a room! I got a job offer from a Security Company based in Manhattan. And I am looking for a decent place or room to move in, but it's so expensive and can'y afford it. I said hold on! Why I don't search for room at Jersey City. So I found one and it's cheap. I am wondering why is so cheap although it's close to Manhattan?

The other thing is : How to commute to NYC? damn it Do I need to pay 13 DOLLARS each time or what is E-ZPASS?? Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen for responding ASAP.

Last edited by Mabest; 12-01-2013 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Ow and how you pay for using the Holland Bridge each time? of course for NJ to NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 05:22 PM

989 posts, read 1,876,985 times
Journal Square is cheap, because the area blows chunks.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:34 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
The good news is that commuting from the Journal Square area to NYC involves the payment of, "only", $2.50 for the PATH train.

The bad news is that the area is...not the greatest...in terms of ambiance, sanitation, congestion, and safety.
It is far from being the worst of neighborhoods, but it is equally far from the best.
It wouldn't be for me, but you might find it acceptable.
Only a walking tour will tell you what you need to know.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:02 PM

4,286 posts, read 10,766,068 times
check the address. A lot of unscrupulous people will try to stretch the meaning of "journal square" in the listings.

That said, its still a borderline area. Most of the hype is because it will inevitably improve over time.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:40 PM

279 posts, read 461,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabest View Post
Hello Guys.
It's sound unrealistic if I said: Why would the Journal Square is CHEAP in terms of renting a room! I got a job offer from a Security Company based in Manhattan. And I am looking for a decent place or room to move in, but it's so expensive and can'y afford it. I said hold on! Why I don't search for room at Jersey City. So I found one and it's cheap. I am wondering why is so cheap although it's close to Manhattan?

The other thing is : How to commute to NYC? damn it Do I need to pay 13 DOLLARS each time or what is E-ZPASS?? Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen for responding ASAP.

Why are you driving and paying $13 for the Holland Tunnel? Take the PATH and pay $2.50. Also NJ Transit runs buses from Journal Square into the Port Authority Terminal in midtown Manhattan.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:37 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,232,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabest View Post
Hello Guys.

1. Tone down the emoticons!
2. Journal Square is cheap because it looks rundown and doesn't have much going on. It definitely has potential to gentrify, but that won't happen until prices have risen further in downtown JC than they already have.
3. Why the hell are you driving? Take the PATH.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 AM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
Journal Square is cheap because it looks rundown and doesn't have much going on.
One thing that is going on in Journal Square is the Mosque of The Blind Sheik, the cleric who was the spiritual inspiration for the first terrorist attack on The World Trade Center. While he is behind bars, his followers--most of whom believe him to be innocent of any wrong-doing--continue to flock to that Mosque, so, they must certainly like the area.

Journal Square...What's not to like?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey