Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2014, 06:46 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,192 times

Advertisements

Do you mean like the group of Tea Party members that want the government out of their Medicare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 09:13 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Do you mean like the group of Tea Party members that want the government out of their Medicare?
what kind of question is this? the tea party is made up of millions of people with minimal official positions and structure. you can change the words "tea party" in your question and replace it with just about any sub-group of americans and you wouldn't really be asking much anyway.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:34 AM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what kind of question is this? the tea party is made up of millions of people with minimal official positions and structure. you can change the words "tea party" in your question and replace it with just about any sub-group of americans and you wouldn't really be asking much anyway.
Liberals believe if you say a lie enough times, people will believe it.

It worked very well for Hitler.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:04 AM

I have read enough stories to know that when people call for cuts in government they mean your programs not their programs.

Also Camaro using the typical call someone a liberal to counter their argument. Top it off with a reference to Hitler is a clear indication you bring nothing to the table.

So tell me why I am a liberal? I will list my positions on issues-

I do not support a minimum wage, I do not support gun control, I am against affirmative action but I acknowledge racism exists, I believe in a flat tax, I would remove from employers the cost of any matching taxes for social security, the burden of hc.. I believe in term limits and a balance budget with real cuts- no sacred cows an honest assessment of programs that need to go.

I would legalize most drugs, I believe the best way to get hc costs down is a national system, I believe gay couples should be allowed to be married, while personally against abortion for my family I would lean towards a woman's right to choose, I believe in parental notification, I support national service for both men and women.

So tell me why am I a liberal

Old 03-30-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I have read enough stories to know that when people call for cuts in government they mean your programs not their programs.

Also Camaro using the typical call someone a liberal to counter their argument. Top it off with a reference to Hitler is a clear indication you bring nothing to the table.

So tell me why I am a liberal? I will list my positions on issues-

I do not support a minimum wage, I do not support gun control, I am against affirmative action but I acknowledge racism exists, I believe in a flat tax, I would remove from employers the cost of any matching taxes for social security, the burden of hc.. I believe in term limits and a balance budget with real cuts- no sacred cows an honest assessment of programs that need to go.

I would legalize most drugs, I believe the best way to get hc costs down is a national system, I believe gay couples should be allowed to be married, while personally against abortion for my family I would lean towards a woman's right to choose, I believe in parental notification, I support national service for both men and women.

So tell me why am I a liberal
Pretty much you generalized that Tea Party Members were the same..Stereotyping at it's finest. While it's an extreme with the Hitler reference it's factual.

Tell a lie enough times, people will believe it. A google/bing search will confirm it.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:15 AM

I know the Goebbel's reference. You bring Hitler into any discussion you have already lost the argument. There are no disagreements in American politics that deserve to be brought to that level of reference.

Our governor is a master at distorting facts by the way. It is his strongest political weapon. He does not deserve to be referred to as Hitler though.

If you were not referring to me why did you quote captains reply to me?

Old 03-30-2014, 11:39 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
that's true, but what was your point about the tea party?

gwb is an example of what you are talking about. he didn't cut spending, he just spent it where he wanted to. basically telling the democrats, its not how much you spend that's the problem, its where you spend it. while the libertarians want to cut it across the board. that's why the tea party was happy with the sequestration while the establishment republicans weren't. the corrupt politicians want to protect the military, many tea partiers are happy to see its budget slashed.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:46 AM

Here is where I think we would agree- propose spending cuts targeted to programs you believe should be cut while also identifying waste in programs in your own district. Cut those also.

A large percentage of Tea Partiers are southerners lets see them argue for equal aid from the US. The reason many southern states have low taxes is because high tax states pay a large part of their state budgets through federal aid.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:49 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
I know this game. Call for cuts in government programs that benefit you, and people call you a hypocrite for benefiting from programs you want to cut. Call for cuts in government programs that don't benefit you, and people accuse you of playing "cuts for thee, not for me".

Old 03-30-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Here is where I think we would agree- propose spending cuts targeted to programs you believe should be cut while also identifying waste in programs in your own district. Cut those also.

A large percentage of Tea Partiers are southerners lets see them argue for equal aid from the US. The reason many southern states have low taxes is because high tax states pay a large part of their state budgets through federal aid.
Really???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2_congress.svg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey