Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 06:45 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,011,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
North Brunswick is mostly condos, town homes and apartment complexes. There are groups of single family homes (Hidden Lake is one...while condos and TH's are included), and if you count the single family homes behind the Rt. 1 Barnes & Noble strip mall....those are mostly rentals, as are any others bordering Rt. 1 (as in right off the HWY). And the rest border New Brunswick (around Livingston Ave) and no one goes out of their way to live there.

Why do you keep trying to pretend North Brunswick is more than it is?
Funny how you totally omit the entire Farrington Lake/Route 130 area, which is entirely single family homes (some pricey) save for Renassaince. Your entire summary of North Brunswick is based off what? A short drive from Rt 18 interchange southbound on Rt 1?? Very similar to those who slam NJ based off there drive on the NJTP between exits 10 and EWR

back to topic, $800 wont be enough unless you get a roomate. On your own, you'll have to up the budget to $1100+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 08:34 AM

4 posts, read 6,158 times
I have to leave Chicago the 9th and start work the 13th. Still no luck!!!!

Old 12-25-2013, 09:44 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachVacs11 View Post
Check out these websites if you decide to bump up your rental budget to $1200. Sorry to say, but an $800 budget for apartments will get you nowhere. BTW, where will you be working in North Brunswick:

North Village Apartments - Village Drive East | North Brunswick, NJ Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®

North Brunswick Apartments - Rent Apartments in North Brunswick, NJ

Old 12-25-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachVacs11 View Post
gotta up the budget

Old 12-26-2013, 11:34 AM

25 posts, read 84,617 times
Default contemplating moving from NYC to North Brunswick.... help please

I am considering on moving from NYC to North Brunswick particularly in 3 level townhome. I am looking for somewhere that provides transportation to NYC as I will be commuting back and forth to NYC for work. I also am looking for a kid friendly community and most of all safe!!! I am looking to rent ( possibly own) and really like the Riverbend Townhomes. Can anyone provide me with some information on it? Also if renting what would I likely spend on a two or three bedrm townhome? Do I need excellent credit and a high income to move out there? if not riverbend what other communities reccommended?

Help Please!!!!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:27 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
You entirely omitted the Farrington lake area, Region along route 27 between Cozzens and Finnegans, The Renissance, and homes along Adams lane (Where we live). These regions are mostly single family homes and cover a large area. I am not trying pretending here, and I have nothing to pretend. I am just stating my observations after living here. Only along Route 1 & Livingston do you find several apartments, and these regions make up a relatively smaller portion of town.

I didn't forget about Farrington Lake.

You forgot about Governor's Pointe, Hempstead Gardens, Hidden Lake, Georgetown, Society Hill, Indian Head, NB Manor, Riverbend, etc. And the point I was addressing.

Farrington Lake, well, it is NOT between Cozzens and Finnegans. Those two streets run perpendicular to Rt.1. Neither cross it nor are used as points of reference once one has crossed Rt. 1.

Farrington Lake is across 130 and more EB than NB, despite the zip. Might be NB's claim to fame, but unless you can afford it, you're living in Gov's Pointe, Hidden Lake, Riverbend, Georgetown, Hempstead, etc, or renting/paying a mortgage for: a crap hole off of andy one of the many route 1 side streets.

The entire corridor of Rt 1 & Rt. 27 that has a North Brunswick zip is chock full of town homes, condos or single family boxes.

You live on Adams? You know the traffic is out the wazoo. Adam's Station is what those who grew up in the area know it as.

Last edited by JerseyG; 12-29-2013 at 11:41 PM..

Old 12-29-2013, 11:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
Funny how you totally omit the entire Farrington Lake/Route 130 area, which is entirely single family homes (some pricey) save for Renassaince. Your entire summary of North Brunswick is based off what? A short drive from Rt 18 interchange southbound on Rt 1?? Very similar to those who slam NJ based off there drive on the NJTP between exits 10 and EWR
Pay attention.

I didn't omit anything that would have changed a damn thing.

North Brunswick IS chock full of apartments/condos/townhouses and single family rentals.

What did YOU along with Adi, not understand?

How do I know?

I lived in NB for more than a few years, as a married adult with a job, and after growing up one town over.

How do you know? You drive through every once in a while?

One section of a town doesn't save it from the other 99% being condo/townhouse/apts.

And that was the point neither of you two could seem to follow.

Move on Tony, ya got nothing.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:55 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,759 times
Quote:
You entirely omitted the Farrington lake area, Region along route 27 between Cozzens and Finnegans, The Renissance, and homes along Adams lane (Where we live). These regions are mostly single family homes and cover a large area. I am not trying pretending here, and I have nothing to pretend. I am just stating my observations after living here. Only along Route 1 & Livingston do you find several apartments, and these regions make up a relatively smaller portion of town.
I agree there are large sections of single family homes but it would be far from truth to state North Brunswick as mostly single family homes. It is a mixed community with tons of rental apartments and condos spread along Rt 130, Rt 1 and Rt 27.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
I agree there are large sections of single family homes but it would be far from truth to state North Brunswick as mostly single family homes. It is a mixed community with tons of rental apartments and condos spread along Rt 130, Rt 1 and Rt 27.
Where did I say it was "ALL SINGLE FAMILY". I was simply refuting jerseyG's comment that it was "99% condos". How the eff can it be 99% condos when he omits HALF OF TOWN (the 130 corridor), that only has 1 or two condo/townhome developments. No bone to pick here, just trying to clarify the misinformation. Congrats on you living one town over as an adult. This board is full of folks spewing misinformation that don't know $h!t

Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,759 times
Quote:
Look for rental apartments in society hill. North Brunswick is mostly independent family homes (though that's quickly changing after the pristine woods were recently cut down for construction of luxury condominiums ). If you are intent on apartments, I would look into highland park. Additionally, you can save a couple miles on your ride to Staten Island. I would avoid South Brunswick though since its too sprawled out for your wants and is more inclined towards middle aged men with family and kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
Where did I say it was "ALL SINGLE FAMILY". I was simply refuting jerseyG's comment that it was "99% condos". How the eff can it be 99% condos when he omits HALF OF TOWN (the 130 corridor), that only has 1 or two condo/townhome developments. No bone to pick here, just trying to clarify the misinformation. Congrats on you living one town over as an adult. This board is full of folks spewing misinformation that don't know $h!t
Wasn't quoting you Tony, was refering to Adi's comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey