Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 04:46 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,052,966 times

Advertisements

I just hope it costs him dearly, it was stupid and childish !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 04:47 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
In the long run, I genuinely don't see why this is such a big deal. Just my honest opinion. It would be more of a scandal if Christie himself said these things, but he did not. We can't prove Christie knew these communications were going on (at this time).

It's annoying that the GW closed lanes unannounced, believe me I get it as I take the Goethals and would have a fit if that happened to that even bigger mess of a bridge. My take on the texts about smiling because the kids were late for school, seriously my first thought, was they thought it was funny because I'm sure the kids didn't mind being late for school - that was my first thought, too. The Buono comment - clearly a joke, if a messed up one. Buono was a joke the whole time, she had no chance.
If you lived in Fort Lee or had a loved one in an ambulance ar that time you'd be singing a different tune.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Give me a break. President Clinton is screwing young girls in the White House and he remained President. Lane closures? Get a life.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:53 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
If you lived in Fort Lee or had a loved one in an ambulance ar that time you'd be singing a different tune.
Now the Fort Lee mayor is concerned about payback. What else could they do to him?

Old 01-08-2014, 04:58 PM

396 posts, read 708,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
Even if the implied motives are true, which certainly cannot be ascertained from the current public information, I'm shocked by the outcry.

Christie still gets my vote for best governor and potential presidential nominee.
Well, then I have a bridge to sell you because you clearly don't mind pulling wool over your own eyes. I suppose you believed OJ too.....

You cannot USE public works to retaliate with your enemies. This isn't the Sopranos and Christie is not James Gandolfini retaliating against an enemy.

This is an expensive piece of property that is owned and operated BY THE PEOPLE for THE PEOPLE. What they did put lives at danger by clogging a major artery and it's subsequent backup. They wrecked havoc on an entire city, delayed school, called away EMTs from their first responsibility--and then laughed about it. WHY? Because someone didn't side with him politically? GOOD GOD--the list of wrongs is big and wide.

I don't know what has happened to our country but if we accept this, we are lost morally. THIS is pretty damn stark. Hand in cookie jar. CAUGHT RED HANDED. Before these emails, I barely paid attention to this story. Reading them, I am hopping mad....and YOU SHOULD BE TOO.

It is so obvious from the language they used that this had been discussed and I just have a hard time believing based on the evidence that he was not the driver in the situation, rather than a bystander. I have a hard time believing by the short hand in the order that this was not discussed as a strategy.

CHRIS CHRISTIE, to use your own words: YOU ARE DONE. GET THE HELL OUT.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:00 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,667,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
No more than I am any day of the week when I, ambulances, fire trucks and school buses are stuck in traffic. I don't have to condone the behavior to not be "outraged" by this.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:00 PM

396 posts, read 708,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Give me a break. President Clinton is screwing young girls in the White House and he remained President. Lane closures? Get a life.
He may have had sex with one girl in the privacy of his office, but this guy literally SCREWED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. Get your priorities straight.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
“This is a very tightly-run operation, in which there is a high degree of centralized control. And for the first time, we’re supposed to believe that there are independent rogue operators in his office?” he said.
Read more: Christie says he was unaware of emails about bridge closure | TheHill

Old 01-08-2014, 05:03 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
President Clinton is screwing young girls in the White House and he remained President.
He is still in The White House?
Really?

Incidentally, the sex acts in question were with consenting adults, in private, just like what Jack Kennedy, FDR, Warren G. Harding (and...God knows how many other presidents did while in office).

That does not excuse their actions, but you have to ask yourself...Who else was directly impacted by what consenting adults did--in private? Then, compare that with actions that directly, negatively impacted the lives of tens of thousands of people over a period of 4 days.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:03 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Because infidelity & endangering public safety are equatable offenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey