Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:50 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Long range forecasts are saying there is a decent chance of snow around SB Sunday.
How great would it be to see all of these rich people sitting out there in a blizzard, wasting their $4K spent on tickets.

You would think that maybe the NFL would try to reserve 1/4 of the tickets for the average fan, but as with everything else, it's all about the money.
That won't happen. As much as they say they are good with winter weather, if there is a legit blizzard on Sunday, the game will be moved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 07:12 PM

145 posts, read 314,809 times
I never understood the hatred towards the rich people attending the Super Bowl. There's obviously a high demand for tickets, so why should the NFL sell them for cheap?

Also, a lot of people going to the Super Bowl are going for free. To be honest, the people who actually pay thousands of dollars for tickets are the wealthy, but also die hard fans of each team. Not sure why they should be hated on.

Anyway, football in general is a much more enjoyable sport to watch at home on TV since it's way easier to follow on TV. Plus, Super Bowl parties are fun.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Long range forecasts are saying there is a decent chance of snow around SB Sunday.
How great would it be to see all of these rich people sitting out there in a blizzard, wasting their $4K spent on tickets.

You would think that maybe the NFL would try to reserve 1/4 of the tickets for the average fan, but as with everything else, it's all about the money.
This post cracks me up. Wasting $4k? You can't waste an unlimited resource....

You can waste a limited resource, however. Time is the most limited resource for an individual. And you know who wastes the most time? Not rich people, because they work for a high hourly rate. But compare that to someone who earns only $50/hr... THAT is wasting.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:54 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This post cracks me up. Wasting $4k? You can't waste an unlimited resource....

You can waste a limited resource, however. Time is the most limited resource for an individual. And you know who wastes the most time? Not rich people, because they work for a high hourly rate. But compare that to someone who earns only $50/hr... THAT is wasting.
I'm not sure I am understanding you. Are you saying that the value of someone's time is based on how much money he or she earns during that time?
If that is the case, I disagree. The value of a person's time is in how much happiness he/she experiences in that time. Rich or poor, one can waste time being unhappy or use their time wisely being happy, because when your time is done, that is really all that matters.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:46 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Cant wait to see the gridlock lol and yes i do hope it snows like 2 feet LMAO
and it will be CC's fault!!!!! as the DOJ assigns yet another attorney to figure out why there was a traffic jam in NJ.

Live football is for the 1%rs with those prices. anyone plan to roust the 995rs from their carib vacas to protest the SB?

The bowl is kept in NYC preceeding the game and when finished is placed in the sink in the dirty dishwater in NJ.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:24 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times
I love football, but always felt the Superbowl was more of a "show" than a football game. I definitely hope it snows, not to punish people but because it's more fun to watch snow games. I loved that game with the Eagles and Detroit! I think it's cool that it's in NJ, but I admit I get a little annoyed when I see the shirts and tote bags being sold that say "NY/NJ". It's just NJ, lol.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:08 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Most people that attend are those families of the team, people in the industry that can score cheap tickets, corporations that bought boxes, and die hard fans that have more than enough money to die with.

Because the superbowl is only one game, it's exclusive. Unlike the world series where avg folks can afford to go see although that's getting pricer too and becoming exclusive as well.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
This Superbowl will suck most likely. Who wants to take a vacation to NJ in February?

I'll watch the game on my big screen in my heated house with all the beer and food I want, thank you.

Now a Superbowl in New Orleans, Miami, or San Diego is a vacation in and of itself. But NJ, nah I'll pass.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:47 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times
Quote:
Who wants to take a vacation to NJ in February?
Then you clearly have no clue what the game's about. It's far more than the game unlike the World Series. For three days these people will party and try to do as much as possible in that time frame. The game will sell out as did games in every other cold weather city. some act like this is a first.

Quote:
The NFL Experience, a Super Bowl-related event held in New Orleans this year, didn’t draw half as many visitors as it did in Indianapolis last year.

National Football League officials said 90,000 people attended the NFL Experience in downtown New
Orleans last week. That paled in comparison to the 265,000 that streamed into the interactive attraction last year at the Indiana Convention Center.

Last year’s mark shattered the previous attendance record by more than 30 percent, according to
the NFL.
The previous NFL Experience attendance record was set in Glendale, Ariz., in 2008.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:37 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Then you clearly have no clue what the game's about. It's far more than the game unlike the World Series. For three days these people will party and try to do as much as possible in that time frame. The game will sell out as did games in every other cold weather city. some act like this is a first.
More attended NFL Experience in Indy because there isn't much to do in Indy besides NFL Experience.

In New Orleans, you have the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, Jazz clubs, world class restaurants, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey