Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
That is what the investigation and hearings are for. If he had no involvement besides surrounding himself with evil people he will survive this.
Really, so why all the certainty of guilt at this point in time? A lot of jumping the gun here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
And you still have nothing on CC.

Innocent until we get reliable evidence. So where is all this so called evidence? You would think if it exists, it would be front and center.
His rats are quickly jumping off the ship. The investigation is still in its infancy. We haven't even seen any info from Kelly who was slimed by the governor and portrayed as some rogue person who acted on her own. Lots of facts yet to come out.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,192 times
There is certainty of guilt we just do not know how far it reaches. We all can name at least 3 people- Wildstein, Kelly and Baroni who either planned or attempted to cover up the lane closures

Old 02-02-2014, 10:03 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
instead of Where's Waldo...Where's Bridge-t?

Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
So where is all this so called evidence? You would think if it exists, it would be front and center.
If you were The US Attorney, would you go public with evidence that could be a crucial part of your prosecution?

Remember that a Grand Jury needs to be as unbiased as possible in order to vote a Bill of Indictment or to vote "no bill". Why would the US Attorney put any evidence that he has at this point in the public domain? That would just provide an opportunity for claims of a prejudiced Grand Jury.

And, if any of these situations was to reach the stage of an actual trial, the US Attorney would have to provide copies of his evidence under the Rules of Discovery, prior to trial. However, no good prosecutor will reveal his evidence to the defense attorneys even one minute before he is required to, lest the defense gets more time to try to poke holes in that evidence.

All in good time, ebbe.
All in good time...

Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM

Default The word of the day!

If this word isn't immediately relevant, I think that it probably will be...very soon.

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day

Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,192 times
The new strategy by the gov is to discredit Wildstein by bringing up issues he has all the way back to high school. The gov is losing his mojo. Here is the first thing he is going to be asked- if you knew all of these issues why did you give him a $150 k job?

Old 02-02-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
The new strategy by the gov is to discredit Wildstein by bringing up issues he has all the way back to high school. The gov is losing his mojo. Here is the first thing he is going to be asked- if you knew all of these issues why did you give him a $150 k job?
That is just one of the many contradictions in his recent statements.
I think that, if he was really smart, he would allow his spokesmen to issue statements at this point, rather than continue to contradict himself.

I wonder how long it will be before he begins talking to the oil paintings in The State House and/or Drumthwacket, as Tricky Dick was known to do in his final days in The White House.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:12 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
......He said through his attorneys that "evidence exists....trying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures."

You know, I have been saying all along this ends up with him in jail.

....but damn I am sad about this. There goes the only Republican I liked, a Morris County guy, a contemporary......

I have read a ton on this subject as there is a lot publicly available and I honestly believe this is but the tip of the iceberg.
Christie is just a typical pragmatic conservative doing what needs to be done in order to get what he wants. You sound sad that he was caught because of the traitorous "rat" Wildstein. Since he reflects your core values, maybe you should continue to stand behind him - that would be the "principled" thing to do.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:39 AM

396 posts, read 708,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You sound sad that he was caught because of the traitorous "rat" Wildstein. Since he reflects your core values, maybe you should continue to stand behind him - that would be the "principled" thing to do.
Did you feel good writing that? Oooh, how I can imagine your smug, satisfied expression thinking you were "telling me"..... You sure put me in my place........and gave me a good laugh too.

See--in your smug little missive, you missed one tiny little detail.

You guessed my politics all wrong.

You projected.

Had you taken the time to read anything else I ever wrote, you would see that I actually have been one of the loudest anti-Christie people on this board since this scandal broke.

Not because I am a Democrat--I am actually not anything--but rather because I am disgusted by the behavior.

I think Christie and a whole lotta of his people are going to jail and I think this is so much wider and so much more than just politics. Follow the money--that's my bet.

But being disgusted by the behavior doesn't preclude me from having sad feelings that someone turned out to be nothing like what I thought they were.......and being a person of principle, doesn't mean I am going to stand behind a self interested crook in his attempts to bail himself out by ratting out his friend. Never do two wrongs ever make a right.

You may choose a cynical path thinking that the means justify the ends.....but they never do. Integrity is non-negotiable and unbending.

And if you knew anything about me, you would know that ethics are paramount to me and my core values. I am NOTHING like David Wieldstein--who is all about David Wieldstein. I am NOTHING like Chris Christie--who is not "trying to get things done" y using pragmatism. Quite the contrary--he is a crook and I have a bridge to sell you if you think for one red minute anything he is doing is motivated by "for the good of the people."

I would fall more on the naive, zealous, righteous and earnest Dawn Zimmer, trying to work towards a higher value, believing that our founding fathers had the right vision and that government should be FOR the people, not despite them...... I am honestly starting to believe that perhaps democracy and capitalism will fall of their own weight. They certainly will if we think the rules apply to some and not others. And there simply is not better form of government----so it's WORTH IT to fight for this one, to demand that our politicians behave with integrity. ALWAYS.

Anyone who still believes in the core values of this country, ought to be outraged by a governor who would use his position to intimated others, to dole money according to favors. It is mafiso, disgusting, illegal and you might be okay with it, BUT I AM NOT.
Anyway--thanks for the chuckle. Your tone was awful but your conclusion priceless.

Last edited by CanonGrace; 02-03-2014 at 11:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey